Brentford Fan Comments | Vital Football

Brentford Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
This really is a must win game. Collect 3 points and have a good international break.

No changes FFS!!!

No Knockheart!

Really happy with that, say what you want about him but he's dangerous.

Ameobi is just if not more dangerous.

Pity Grabban has replaced Murray. Murray looked well past his sell by date when I saw them play recently.

Forest fans on twitter are saying Bong at LB is the weakest link so an opportunity for Bryan.

I just hope we win any way we can today otherwise this forum is going to be unbearable for 2 weeks.

Hughton's primary tactics are not to concede.

God that's a horrific away kit...

Are they desperate to be shooting from that far out already?

Makes a change from time wasting from the first minute I suppose.

Love the commentator saying under Brian Clough Forest would not have had that away kit.

Pen bees....again.

One of those 'arms all over during a corner' ones.

Third in three.

Are we Swansea in disguise?

Toney scored his 28th of the season.

Another "generous" penalty decision.

It was a soft penalty but you can see why it was given, I think all 3 of our pens recently have been soft but i'll take them all.

Why does anyone think it was a soft pen? Both hands round Ivan and then hauled him to the ground.

He was definitely fouled but as penalties go it was on the softer side. How would you have felt if it was at the other end?

Think it "feels" soft because they are hardly ever given, it's a clear foul and should be given all the time though.

Those short run ups fill me with dread.

Triggered Swansea fans already on Twitter saying he dived.

Naturally it wouldn't have been a dive had it been Ayew...

Still, at least we didn't surround the ref and scream in his face. There was barely an appeal. You're not gonna refuse it when given are you?

Forest player booked for diving. I was a bit worried when the ref blew his whistle.

Haha home ref this one.

Janelt hits the bar and then Henrik misses the open goal from 2 yards. To be fair he didn’t have much time to react.

Can we sign the left side player Mighten looks very useful.

They aren't much cop but unless we get another goal at least they'll score with their only shot on target in the 87th minute.

Allowing Forest to get a lot of the ball without being too threatening.

Decent half but we are inviting a little bit too much pressure and I expect them to press our back four more in the second half.

I like the look of that young Mighten, looks promising.

I like Garner for them.

Sexy football there. Great defending to save the goal.

I was shouting at Bryan then, turns out it was an excellent piece of defending by Bong.

Hope these missed chances don’t come back to bite us. Need another goal very soon!!

Uncomfortable this.

Fuck 1-1.

It had been coming.

How was that not a foul on Jensen on the halfway line?

They've been dominating possession.

It's been coming not that different from Tuesday's second half, but it was a foul on Jensen before the build up.

Awful defending.

Not sure. Good attacking play. Can't blame Reid. That was deffo foul on Jensen.

NF are so sh*t, we really have been at half mast again. Missed some good chances. Always felt they were going to get one chance.

How was that not a foul on Jensen on the halfway line?

Because the ref didn't give it. Play to the whistle.

Definitely a foul. But defending that box was poor. Derby hadn’t scored for over 4 games. They score 2. Forest only scored 5 in 10 games. Once again they score. We needed clean sheets. We just cannot do it when it’s needed.

10 pages of bickering coming up.

Can blame poor decisions all we like but we haven't been great in the 2nd half (again).

We were unlucky not to be 2-3 up, hit the bar, post, and had Mbuemo’s shot cleared when goal bound. And unlucky not to have a foul called.

With a bit of injury it wouldnt be far off 4 hours since we scored in the 2nd half.

The uncomfortable truth is we are just not good enough and certainly not as good as many like to think we are. Recently we are making poor sides look capable of looking very good, Coventry, Derby, Forest. Whether it's mental, physical or a bit of both I don't know. How many goals from open play scored recently? And we haven't looked tight at the back for months.

Samba time wasting. Imagine my surprise.

Of course. And so would we be if we were still 1-0 up. No one to blame except ourselves.

Usual Forest, sharing out the yellow cards.

How close was that to hand ball by Raya?

Raya lucky not to be sent off and Forest fire just wide from 35 yards.

Got away with one there.

Wow we look out of ideas already...

We are making this average Forest Team look good.

Without Tony I think we are 9th or 10th.

That was the chance. Fosu scuffs it from 15 yards out.

I thought it was great defending.

I tip Forrest to go up next season.

NF well worth a point today, their first point against a top 8 side tells you all you need to know.

Just some fantastic last ditch defending from Forest did for us.

What? Only because of 3 last ditch blocks.

Not at all, they were equal to us today, another poor 2nd half display from Brentford.

17 shots off target.
3 shots on target, including the penalty

Pretty sure what we need to be doing in training this week.

You don’t win games if you don’t take your chances. Sad to say Forest were the better side.

Absolutely f***ing pathetic. Forest haven't even scored away against a top 8 side.

Forest had a fair bit of the ball but did bugger all with it

I’m sorry .. anyone who says Forest were the better team needs to go to Specsavers.

Just 1 defeat in 6, top 2 is there for the taking.

Jesus bore off we were crap again second half. Played 2 teams that usually can’t hit a barn door with a banjo took the lead twice and dropped 4 points. Put that in your fact check.

There are no American tanks in Baghdad.
Our glorious republican guard has smashed Forest at Saddam International Airport.

We seem to stroll while the oppo seem to run.

Will we even make the playoffs? I hope to god we don't fade like Forest did.

Deeply frustrating but predictable, felt like we could've played another hour and not scored.

I don't usually critisise refs, but really angry at the guy today (who was it said he was a homer?). Ignored a really blatant foul that led their goal - and that threw us and we never got things together again after that.

I know I'm angry and frustrated about the result, but would those who spell Forest as Forrest, please take some spelling lessons.

This walking football and passing it endlessly around at the back from first minute till last is doing my head in. There was a time when I thought it was to conserve energy with the two matches a week fixtures. Every team we play seem to run and react so much faster. But I’m tactically illiterate so maybe someone can explain why.

Wasn't a particularly bad performance nor a good one...didn't create much except for a penalty again...the way we are playing half the time we don't look like scoring and then we don't defend well for the whole game...the way we are going play offs aren't guaranteed...

Let me in the pub Boris so I can drown my sorrows properly.

Never in the realms of football has a team buggered it up so often and so predictably
New club motto "We fail either with or against the odds".

I just have not been pleased with our style of football this season. In our time in the championship we have grown into a football team that played most teams off the park. Even when we got beaten at gp, most of the time you saw a very good performance from The boys. Christ knows what has happened but frankly the football that we play now bores me to tears.

We created more chances today and should have won but it wasn’t as if we were dominating the game and you felt a goal was coming, the reality is once they equalised you never felt for one second we would score a second, Toney came close but he is the only one, none of the others get anywhere near it.

Cheers CP. Fair play to them on the view of the penalty. Soft when it’s given against you but take it and run if you get it in your favour.

Obvious that they would think there was a foul in the build up to our goal but otherwise most comments weren’t unreasonable. Sounds like all is not well there with fans bickering almost as much as we do.

Cheers CP. Fair play to them on the view of the penalty. Soft when it’s given against you but take it and run if you get it in your favour.

Obvious that they would think there was a foul in the build up to our goal but otherwise most comments weren’t unreasonable. Sounds like all is not well there with fans bickering almost as much as we do.

Almost...