Brentford away - Boxing Day - 7:30pm | Vital Football

Brentford away - Boxing Day - 7:30pm

VillaTomB38

Vital Football Hero
Regardless of the hit and miss form, I for one can’t wait for this one. Have never experienced old skool English terracing, it’s Boxing Day and there’s a pub on every corner of the ground!

As for team selection, I really dunno what to suggest. Hourihane is not a holding midfielder though and needs to be pushed further forward. Maybe give hogan a go with Davis, with Davis’s ability to win the ball and hold it up I think the little and large combo might just work :16:

I'd certainly start with Hogan and Davis. What a great way for Hogan to finally get his Villa career off the starting blocks. Hopefully Brentford will have had too much Xmas pudding, and our lot are starving!

Come on you Lions!!!!!

Be amazrd if we won this one.

I am working and cant get any radio reception or internet somay not even know score til after - however, that may be a good thing.

We could scrape a draw but think it willbe a tight loss.

2-1 defeat

I have been very impressed each time I have seen Brentford. They ran circles around us this year and last although only drawing.
They do the basic things right, but looking at their home record this season they have had a lot of draws, so going for 1-1

The little ginger lad they have in centre mid will run the game , as he did down B6
But, I think we nick this one 2-1 , hogan with them both .

I hope we win and Steve bruce proves me wrong.
Merry Christmas all and up the villa.

Hogan will be on the bench just to show Brentford how strong our squad is .

Let's hope Dean Smith takes pity on us as he's a Villan at heart but I expect them to run us ragged with our slow motion players.
I hope I'm wrong

These have totally outplayed us every time we've played them in the last 18 months, normally via the ungentlemanly acts of running around us very fast. Thankfully at villa park earlier this season they didn't have a striker good enough to convert any of their chances. Hopefully we can turn our season back on track with this one but if we turn up and play like we have done in the majority of games this season it could be a long evening.

Surely Jedi won't play CB again ?? Elphick to start ?
Push Jedi into middle with Whelan and Albert wide and Grealish no. 10 role
Rest Hourihane

They didn't have to run around much because the little ginger lad passed us to death.
I hope Bruce and the brains trust have come up with a plan to keep him quiet.

They have outplayed us 3 times since relegation and i have no reason to think other than that for a fourth time they will outplay us again The little ginger lad to run the show again. Oh for a central midfielder that passes the ball forward.

Melon Donkey - 24/12/2017 19:28

They have outplayed us 3 times since relegation and i have no reason to think other than that for a fourth time they will outplay us again The little ginger lad to run the show again. Oh for a central midfielder that passes the ball forward.

A central midfielder who passes the ball forwards! Who do you think we are, Barcelona or man city? There's no passing forward in the championship, apparently.

Sneaking in the home end again as we sold our 10 tickets in no time, fingers crossed for a better result - can't see it.

1-0 to the home side

Silhillvilla - 25/12/2017 04:23

Surely Jedi won't play CB again ?? Elphick to start ?
Push Jedi into middle with Whelan and Albert wide and Grealish no. 10 role
Rest Hourihane

It seems to me that our biggest problems started when Big Chris got injured and we had to put Jedi back there.

We've conceded two goals in each of the last two games.

We know Elphic isn't up to it but the alternative is Suliman.

Dean Smith will have these organised and know how to easily run the channels, can’t see our slow game causing them problems.

Bruce will probably pick same team as Sheff Utd unless players back from injury.

He may swap Elmo for Hutton.