Brentford 1 Leeds United 1 | Vital Football

Brentford 1 Leeds United 1

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Not a particularly easy place to go to.
But Leeds United managed to somehow eked out only a draw after some dominant display.
And Bielsa needs to sort out Bamford situation quickly.
Sooner he realised that product counts more than performance, the better.

Last edited:
Reading what other managers say after playing us it seems they are delighted if they think their pressing counteracts out passing game. They only see it like that cos we just don't take a reasonable percentage of our chances. If we did we would be winning almost all out games and they would have to admit they just cannot stop us.

I saw a lot of people slating the performance last night. We had at least six really good chances and really should have taken three or four.

I think Bamford needs taking out of the spotlight. The fans have stuck with him but I don't think it will last much longer.

It’s all about Bamford now.
But there were several cracks that need to be papered.
Quality was missing from Alioski and Harrison as they squandered many wonderful opportunities. Dallas was out of depth in midfield.

Although Leeds were conceding less this season, they are also scoring less.
So, it’s more difficult for Leeds to sit on their lead and hope to see the match through.

Bielsa may have his reservations about playing Bamford and Nketiah together as he has not had the opportunity to see them link up on the training ground.
But surely, he must be convinced by now, on the evidence of Nketiah scoring exploits, to do a direct swap.
Nketiah link up play with Roberts was excellent and he has telepathic understanding with Costa.

Dallas is excellent at right back with Douglas on the left and Ayling partnering White.

This will give Bamford rest to energized until he reached normalcy again.

Last edited:
Just the striker we need for a Yorkshire derby!!!, who know's I may be eating my words on Saturday evening.

Every dog has it's day.
Hope it's Bamford's when playing Wednesday.

‘The metres that Bamford ran is true to the team. And to finish, Nketiah puts these meters in to finish the action.

‘After saying that, I am not 100% sure what I’m saying. Football is football. We are forced to analyse. We are forced to take conclusions.'

Marcelo Bielsa.
Brilliant.

Isn't finishing the action, the goal of a team?

In this game I think he is the right striker, but what’s surprised me about Bielsas press conference,is that he said he has not worked on partnering Bamford and Eddie .

Bamford has become the victim of Bielsa's system.
By becoming the complete team player demanded by Bielsa, Bamford has lost the incisiveness. As seen on many occasions, the split seconds of decision making, whether to lay the ball for another player or take the shot himself is costing him the instict as a striker, that Nketiah possesses.

Last edited:
If Steve Morison can score for Leeds at Hillsborough then Bamford will get at least a double tomorrow.