Brenda to Return? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brenda to Return?

For me it seems too strange that Jackson would be shipped out for Brenda to come back in that role. My guess would be Brenda comes back in a different position where she can lend her experience without having to take on the full time stress and be in the office and sweating on midnight transfer deals on deadline day.

I personally would like to see Jackson and Sharpe stay on for continuity and to help the potential new owners avoid any bad decisions that would come from inexperience and unfamiliarity with the British game, the club and the business of running the club.

Why the hell would we as a club want an 8 year retired employee back and why the hell would an 8 year retired employee want to come back???

Assuming she retired at 60 or 65 & the footballing world has moved on I fail to see what she could offer Latics or why at 68-73 she would want the stress of a big job back after 8 years of retirement. ???

Brenda Spencer was a fairly safe pair of hands and did well for us in the formative years of taking Wigan Athletic from a second-division also ran to a Premier League club. However, have we all forgotten the Amr Zaki debacle where she reportedly went to finalise a £6m deal for the player, only for El Zamalek to renege on the deal and hike the price up to almost £15m? It was a bit of an embarrassing situation, especially when Zaki became a bit of a big time Charlie!

I like the current Chairman/CEO. If Mrs. Spencer was to return I'dike to see them remain and for Brenda Spencer to be a non executive director, with a cm clear remit perhaps overseeing revenue streams or the like.