Brandon Hanlan | Page 20 | Vital Football

Brandon Hanlan

Was also involved in the incident that saw Joe Martin sent off. Difficult to tell from the video, but looks like he may have made a bit of a meal of it.

Particularly like the comment from someone in the background - "He's dead, he must be" :LOL:

I thibk I might have missed something here. Have the transfers committee made their decision yet? Sky sports referred to him as a free transfer yesterday and I have seen elsewhere that he was a free transfer.

I wonder if we were too late in offering him a new deal and thus broke the contract link?
The other real possibly if what you say is true that we offered a contract less than he was on previously.

The geezer scored a penalty, let's not get carried away.

We all know the skill that Hanlan provides but am I bothered he left Gillingham? Absolutely not, very happy with Samuel and Oliver.

If Hanlan bangs in 15-20 goals compared to his 4 for us last season then I might think a bit differently..

Rovers will have to win a lot of penalties.

Agreed and I'm surprised others haven't noted that, cleanly struck, a missile to the top corner. How confident would we have been if he'd stepped up for a penalty at the Rainham End? It's within the bounds of possibility that Hanlan will prosper at his new club and score more goals than he did for us, it happens.

Good luck to him, though I won’t be taking too much interesting in Bristol Rovers matches. I see Rovers fans are winding up the kids on Twitter with sarcastic tweets about how good he is.

Not half time yet and Brizzle already scored three at Wimbledon - two by Brandon Hanlon who must surely be on for a hat-trick.

Always said he was the best forward we ever signed.

Glad that he got a couple of goals a today, good on him, but even glader that he was utter shite on Wednesday. Good on him for getting a move that earnt him a few extra quid, but sometimes there’s something in it for remaining loyal to someone who has given you your chance after failing elsewhere. To be fair, at the moment, he’d clearly be behind Samuel, Big John, Oliver, Graham and arguably Coyle at the Gills, so he’s probably best off at a team with ultra billions, where he’s bizarrely the main striker!

Pleased for Hanlan, don’t get the whole thing of hating on ex players, always interested to see how they do elsewhere when they move on.
Absolutely not ever hated him, nor will. Wish him all the best. Needed a fresh start. Quite reasonable of him to go for a better deal elsewhere.

Was fed up with him missing one on ones consistently though. Not missing him this season, even after his brace today.

Agree with above, glad he didn’t have chances on Wednesday, you can bet your life he’d have converted.

He must be playing very well for Rovers tho. Despite their poor form and him not scoring many (until yesterday) their fans seem to love him. Certainly could never fault any parts of his game except finishing.

Also agree with ST, that if he’d started on the bench this year for us, he wouldn’t be getting in the team much ahead of Dom, Vadaine and Jordan. And not Akinde or Coyle now. So that’s got to be a positive that someone wowing them elsewhere wouldn’t get in our current team.

Other than that, best of luck Brandon until you visit ours later in the season.

Pleased for Hanlan, don’t get the whole thing of hating on ex players, always interested to see how they do elsewhere when they move on.

Depends on how the player departed.

There have been plenty of ex-players who have got a cheer and appreciation. I recall Eaves and Holy getting a positive response as did Akinfenwa repeatedly. Didn't Matty Jarvis get some pre-match cheering when he came back the other season (and prompty destroyed us)? I reckon Ehmer will get a positive round of appreciation the next time he plays against us.

It is the players who dicked us around and left us in the lurth who gets the negative treatment. JET will probably get grief if he comes back as would have Nicky Forster if he had played. Didn't Carl Asaba get a little bit from sectons of the crowd when he returned with Sheffield United and Stoke?

Not sure how the Priestfield crowd will react once Hanlan returns once full crowds are allowed back in. On one hand he strung us along by delaying for months in signing the contract on the table but on the other hand have we really missed him? Quite possibly by the time a sizable crowd returns and sees Hanlan return (assuming Rovers aren't relegated) then everyone would have moved on and be in a state of not caring anymore.

Not half time yet and Brizzle already scored three at Wimbledon - two by Brandon Hanlon who must surely be on for a hat-trick.

Always said he was the best forward we ever signed.
Is this a woosh Lancs? He's not even in our top 50 best ever forwards.

Has anyone on here noticed is we have yet received a fee from Bristol Rover and if so how much it was?