Brandon Hanlan | Page 19 | Vital Football

Brandon Hanlan

The points I originally made was that Parker once scored 12 league goals in a full season which compared with 9 goals that Hanlan scored. Parker had a superior record the last time either played a full season.

In the following half season Parker scored 4 goals in 21 matches. Hanlan scored 4 league goals in 36 matches. Again Parker's scoring record is superior.

Parker might also have rarely scored one on ones but he scored goals in other ways.

Well if you think it is fair to ignore the 14 goals he scored in a season for NK Domzale and the 4 goals (12 matches) he scored for Red Star Belgrade then sure. He has also scored 5 goals in 26 international matches too. But we'll ignore all those ;)

When you decided to compare Hanlan's Gillingham career with Parker's English career, did you deliberately ignore his goals while playing abroad just to make Hanlan's record look better?

I'm not arguing that Parker was a better or worse player than Hanlan as that is all very subjective, but statistically he has demonstrated he can get into double figures in a league campaign on a few occassions. I'm not confident Hanlan will unless he starts to take penalties too.

The points I originally made was that Parker once scored 12 league goals in a full season which compared with 9 goals that Hanlan scored. Parker had a superior record the last time either played a full season.

In the following half season Parker scored 4 goals in 21 matches. Hanlan scored 4 league goals in 36 matches. Again Parker's scoring record is superior.

Parker might also have rarely scored one on ones but he scored goals in other ways.

Well if you think it is fair to ignore the 14 goals he scored in a season for NK Domzale and the 4 goals (12 matches) he scored for Red Star Belgrade then sure. He has also scored 5 goals in 26 international matches too. But we'll ignore all those ;)

When you decided to compare Hanlan's Gillingham career with Parker's English career, did you deliberately ignore his goals while playing abroad just to make Hanlan's record look better?

I'm not arguing that Parker was a better or worse player than Hanlan as that is all very subjective, but statistically he has demonstrated he can get into double figures in a league campaign on a few occassions. I'm not confident Hanlan will unless he starts to take penalties too.

I am ignoring Parker's foreign record because I have no idea of what those leagues were like. It wasn't very distinguished anyway. He made double figures once for us in 2017/18 with 10 league goals in 42 . Hanlan's best season for us was 2018/19 when he scored 9 in 41, not dissimilar. Worth noting that both strikers enjoyed their best seasons under Steve Lovell as did Tom Eaves. Lovell may not have been a great manager overall but as a striker trying to make your name, he was your man.

All that has little relevance to one on ones where Parker reigned supreme, high wide and handsome, scuffed and fluffed.

Brandon has made a early impression on gas fans.
One comment on Gas chat the same poster writes

We've signed a striker who averages a goal every 5 and a half games... Woopty do...

He’s just had a very decent first half in the blue and white quarters. Very fast, good hold up play, defenders look twitchy when it goes to him. I like the look of him.

You watching Bristol Rovers ?
No.Not paid for today's game .My wife will have to leave her job in the coming weeks. Money could be tight .With covid I decided not to go to a friend's house shame as I have not seen Gills or my mates for a while now.Tuned into Radio Kent.

No.Not paid for today's game .My wife will have to leave her job in the coming weeks. Money could be tight .With covid I decided not to go to a friend's house shame as I have not seen Gills or my mates for a while now.Tuned into Radio Kent.
We should be ok financial god willing as my wife is very employable all be it in relatively poorly paid employment but then I think many people will be the same.

Brandon has made a early impression on gas fans.
One comment on Gas chat the same poster writes

We've signed a striker who averages a goal every 5 and a half games... Woopty do...

He’s just had a very decent first half in the blue and white quarters. Very fast, good hold up play, defenders look twitchy when it goes to him. I like the look of him.
I hate to say it but we missed someone like hanlon today!

Based on brief highlights and various comnents elsewhere seems he put in a top performance yesterday. That would hurt if we didnt have a great forward line to look forward to this season.

Based on brief highlights and various comnents elsewhere seems he put in a top performance yesterday. That would hurt if we didnt have a great forward line to look forward to this season.
Just have to move on .Hanlan might or might not be a success only time will tell .But he wanted to move we got a little cash .So good luck to him .Even if we kept him if he wanted to go deep down it is unlikely he would have produced to the same extent anyway.Without him going it is likely we would not of got Samuel and I know which one I would pick.

Nobody has ever disputed that he is good at what he does - unsettling defenders and getting himself in good positions - and most fans liked his effort and pace.

What brings things in to perspective is that Jordan Graham - a winger without a great previous scoring record - has 3 goals from 3 shots on target this season. Samuel has 2 in 2 games, which would have been 3 if not for Oliver's misfortune. Brandon now has one goal from the penalty spot. Go figure.

That is the issue in a nutshell.

Just have to move on .Hanlan might or might not be a success only time will tell .But he wanted to move we got a little cash .So good luck to him .Even if we kept him if he wanted to go deep down it is unlikely he would have produced to the same extent anyway.Without him going it is likely we would not of got Samuel and I know which one I would pick.

I thibk I might have missed something here. Have the transfers committee made their decision yet? Sky sports referred to him as a free transfer yesterday and I have seen elsewhere that he was a free transfer.

I wonder if we were too late in offering him a new deal and thus broke the contract link?

I thibk I might have missed something here. Have the transfers committee made their decision yet? Sky sports referred to him as a free transfer yesterday and I have seen elsewhere that he was a free transfer.

I wonder if we were too late in offering him a new deal and thus broke the contract link?
We're definitely going to get some money it's just it's going to a tribunal so fee has been agreed/set yet.

I understand that it’s going to arbitration to decide Gills compensation.
It’s not considered a transfer fee, so technically, he has gone on a free although compensation will be paid.
A good one for the pedants.