Brandon Hanlan | Vital Football

Brandon Hanlan

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
Any news as to if he is going to accept the improved deal he was offered 3 weeks ago?

I've been vocal about this previously - I think Hanlan is vital this year and will have an impact campaign. I'd be pretty disappointed to lose him now, but can't blame footballers for looking after their own best interests - we'd all do the same.

I've been vocal about this previously - I think Hanlan is vital this year and will have an impact campaign. I'd be pretty disappointed to lose him now, but can't blame footballers for looking after their own best interests - we'd all do the same.

I am interested in why you think Vital ?

He's not prolific as a goal scorer but I acknowledge he causes defenders trouble with his pace.

Note sure I see him as vital though especially if we sign a real fox in the box type striker.

Hanlan is a young player a few of us think has a potentially good transfer fee just around the corner. Evans likes him too or I'm sure he would have been long gone by now. If Brandon could add regular goalscoring to his cv he will be a certain profitable asset.

Hanlan is a young player a few of us think has a potentially good transfer fee just around the corner. Evans likes him too or I'm sure he would have been long gone by now. If Brandon could add regular goalscoring to his cv he will be a certain profitable asset.
Trouble is we can't take a chance on potential if it comes down to it and we can get a goalscorer but the funds only stretch to him then Hanlan might go.Hanlan might want to only stay if he is a starting player. So staying could depend on who we sign.It might not be just about money .

I don't see Hanlan as a vital player, we need a goalscorer. If we could get to keep Hanlan and bring a goalscorer in then great. If it comes down to a choice it's a goalscorer all day for me.

Brandon stalling on a contract is a bit of a wind up if I'm honest, I don't think he's better than Gillingham. I respect his work rate and he shows some very nice touches at times but the amount and types of chances he missed last season were criminal.
The way I see it Hanlan is probably considering a sideways move to get a start .The fact that we failed to score against Cambridge might not help his case .Evans will probably feel he needs a new face or two up front. That won't help Braddon's case.I don't think Hanlan thinks he is too good for Gillingham at all.

I hope Hanlon gets a decent offer from a club in SE who will help him progress - no harm in stepping sideways or down to Lge 2 if necessary for a regular 1st team place (Orient?) . I hope his agent isnt the cause of the stalemate

He must see the writing on the wall here - he's the last pre-Evans player left and suffered from Evans' tactics and attitude last year to go backwards from the previous good season (albeit alongside Eaves)

I'm really sorry that Hanlon and Charles-Cook who looked so promising when they came, were eased out by the Evans merry-go-round

I'm really sorry that Hanlon and Charles-Cook who looked so promising when they came, were eased out by the Evans merry-go-round

How do you work out he’s being “eased out”?

He probably played more games than any of our other forwards last season, despite not scoring, and we’ve offered him a deal and then improved it.

In unrelated news, Pompey fan on the L1 forum just said he’s been linked to a move there.

How do you work out he’s being “eased out”?

He probably played more games than any of our other forwards last season, despite not scoring, and we’ve offered him a deal and then improved it.

In unrelated news, Pompey fan on the L1 forum just said he’s been linked to a move there.
I thought the same.
He’s not being eased out, he’s been offered a new contract on at least the same or better than he was on, or compensation would not be required from any other prospective club.
Although he hasn’t signed, he’s been invited to train and has played a part in every preseason friendly.
I’m not sure Evans could do anymore for him.
If he wants to try his luck elsewhere, then good luck to the guy.
I like him but he’s hardly Tom Eaves.
On that subject, I wonder how Tom will feel coming back soon.
Had he stayed, with his goals, I think we would have been promoted last season and he would be playing in the championship this season.

Looks like serious interest from Pompey - he should bite their hand off ; he can play alongside Marquis
I said 'eased out' based on the constant criticism from Evans , and the acquisition of other strikers , Makron, Akinde, Roberts, now Oliver and Coyle - clearly always looking to replace him . Evans does not like 'development projects' like Hanlon and RCC; that's his method and has brought him a measure of success, and new jobs if often short-term.

I think he is going to go to Pompey but that he is gathering tactical and training info for them before he leaves, perhaps?