Bramall to Rotherham | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bramall to Rotherham

Think you might be right. I'm seeing him maybe more as a solid option when he gets going though, he didn't seem to be so much of the modern wing back. Maybe with a bit more confidence we will see that.
He can get forward, but I suspect in a very structured way maybe in certain phases - he did score for Dundee U v Rangers early last season...

It often takes a year to settle in a new country and a new league. You see it at all levels but less so in the lower leagues due to shorter contracts.

Robson is on a long deal, was highly rated when he signed and will have a full pre season. He showed glimpses of being a very good full back.

If we can have a settled back line and he can have time to form a partnership with the winger he looks like a good bet for first choice left back.

The 200k can go into filling our sizeable hole in midfield.

He can get forward, but I suspect in a very structured way maybe in certain phases - he did score for Dundee U v Rangers early last season...

Think you are right re: getting forward, although I think that's one in about four seasons 😄

Selling Bramble for £K 200 is good business for us IMO . Hope it works out for him at Rotherham.

Very dissapointing, he's one I though had real potential to keep on improving and could have been worth alot more than 200k to us. I doubt he's ready yet though for the step up to championship level, but good luck to him.
I suspect Rotherham will be a League 1 side in the 23/24 season, maybe Championship ready isn't so important.
Good luck to Cohen. Seems a decent egg.

Not sure I agree with this good business thing
Good business is when you sell a player for more than he is worth not just more than he was acquired for. You want to keep your best players unless you get an offer too good to refuse. 200K is peanuts for a Championship player so either Rotherham have got it wrong or we made the release fee too low
Also i don't think it is particularly relevant that he only has a year on his contract left. That is premiership talk for when you have players worth £50M+

Obviously its still cricket and croquet season but we have been really strong at left back over the last few years and seem to be getting progressively weaker.

And if you sign someone on 4k a week on a free you've used it before you've even started, I don't think 200k goes quite as far as it used to for us!
If you’re using that analogy then you have to add in whatever we were paying Bramall towards the signing.

Good business is when you sell a player for more than he is worth not just more than he was acquired for. You want to keep your best players unless you get an offer too good to refuse. 200K is peanuts for a Championship player so either Rotherham have got it wrong or we made the release fee too low
Also i don't think it is particularly relevant that he only has a year on his contract left. That is premiership talk for when you have players worth £50M+
I suppose what people are mostly inferring is we don’t believe he is a Championship player. For that money may be just a squad player

If you’re using that analogy then you have to add in whatever we were paying Bramall towards the signing.

You do, I think just trying to add context to 200k as a fee. I think at this level you eat that up pretty quickly sadly! Adelakun probably earned close to that in a season (not really playing a lot of the time) for us having come from a Championship club.

I only really think it's good business if we can get better spending that money or less which could be tricky.

Robson's problem last year were stamina, strength and physicality. Positional sense, defensive awareness and technique are there. We saw glimpses of it at Wigan (away) when he was tenacious and as solid as a rock.

I see him developing into a dependable, intelligent footballer who will pick his moments wisely to move up the pitch and develop play with well timed runs and tidy short give and go's. He also has the ability to deliver a decent cross. Of our recent left backs he reminds me more of Habergham than anybody else.

He's never going to fly past his opposite winger/full back but (ironically) with the new performance beast coming in from Rotherham I wouldn't be surprised if Robson is our most improved player over the course of the next season.

Robson's problem last year were stamina, strength and physicality. Positional sense, defensive awareness and technique are there. We saw glimpses of it at Wigan (away) when he was tenacious and as solid as a rock.

I see him developing into a dependable, intelligent footballer who will pick his moments wisely to move up the pitch and develop play with well timed runs and tidy short give and go's. He also has the ability to deliver a decent cross. Of our recent left backs he reminds me more of Habergham than anybody else.

He's never going to fly past his opposite winger/full back but (ironically) with the new performance beast coming in from Rotherham I wouldn't be surprised if Robson is our most improved player over the course of the next season.

I do agree he did look incredibly unfit after 60 minutes, similar to Sanders in my opinion. Maybe we have reviewed the running stats hence why the guy from Rotherham has been brought in.

I'm one of the few that are unhappy to see him go. He gave us something we don't have much of (speed) and when he got charging forward he had some skills. He didn't have a consistent run in the side and if your wing back wants to develop a relationship with another player then they have to be chosen together over a period of time like Toff and Andrade.
How much will he play in a championship side? Maybe a second half sub when they are chasing the game but that's about it.

In our away game at Rotherham last season we were destroyed for 60 minutes and then dominated the last 30 and could well have won let alone draw the game. Far and away our biggest threat to them in that 30 odd minutes was Bramall, he created chances and fizzed some great balls into the box. Just on that performance I can see Miller fans being excited with his signing.
I am sorry to see him go, he had only just started to show us just what he was capable off. Full backs are now judged on what influence they have in the oppositions half more so than their defensive duties. Bramall has the potential to be top drawer for Rotherham in the championship, I think he will prove to be a bargain at 200k

he's bloody quick. i can't think of an imp that was quicker to be honest. Will we be owing Colchester a percentage do we know? I don't think 200k is good business for the model. Almost waste of time. What's the point in persevering with a raw player like he was, and developing him?

Sorry to see him go. Raw pace hurts even the most organised teams. Time and again our somewhat limp midfield was cut through by quicker players. Bramall will be sorely missed unless some players are drafted in with similar pace. Good luck to him in the Championship.

Obviously its still cricket and croquet season but we have been really strong at left back over the last few years and seem to be getting progressively weaker.
It may be a clause put in by his agent so its not to high to get a extra few quid

I'm one of the few that are unhappy to see him go. He gave us something we don't have much of (speed) and when he got charging forward he had some skills. He didn't have a consistent run in the side and if your wing back wants to develop a relationship with another player then they have to be chosen together over a period of time like Toff and Andrade.
How much will he play in a championship side? Maybe a second half sub when they are chasing the game but that's about it.
I don’t get the sense that many are happy to see him go, to be fair. Every player has their price, and what I’m seeing is that many, including whomever signed off on his contract, feel that $200k is that price. For me, it’s good business, but I’m not joyful he’s leaving.