Braintree Town: "News of two more players set to leave" | Vital Football

Braintree Town: "News of two more players set to leave"

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
<b>@BenFryer:</b> "News of two more players set to leave #Braintree from 6 tomorrow - inc one who is in talks with #Lincoln"

Jules - 7/6/2016 08:25

<b>@BenFryer:</b> "News of two more players set to leave #Braintree from 6 tomorrow - inc one who is in talks with #Lincoln"

What a mess for the new Braintree manager.

BBC Essex
Day on Matt Fry - 'He's had a couple of offers, one local to home and one full-time. He's decided to go.'

Could still be us for FT, even if we have a lot of centre backs.

This article appeared in the (Basildon Canvey Southend) Echo just after Fry followed Cowley from Concord last summer: it mentions his admiration for Cowley, the personal training programme and his desire to get back into the professional game.

He has to be coming here.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/13345920.Ex_Concord_Rangers_defender_Matt_Fry_concedes_Danny_Cowley_was_a_big_factor_in_Braintree_Town_switch/

Fry would be out of keeping with the U24 type that he said they usually sign although they did say that they'd sign older players if they thought they were right.

If Fry did happen, then something's got to give with our defending situation. I know they like clean sheets, but having 20 defenders is a bit OTT. :pointy:

Luke Imp - 7/6/2016 10:16

Fry would be out of keeping with the U24 type that he said they usually sign although they did say that they'd sign older players if they thought they were right.

If Fry did happen, then something's got to give with our defending situation. I know they like clean sheets, but having 20 defenders is a bit OTT. :pointy:

20 sounds a bit low to me. :pointy:

We do need some new defenders. Fair enough Cowley may improve what we have but you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse even with a magic wand. Our current bunch are well under par for a promotion seeking team.

maybe cowley said he was going to sign under 24 defenders

"We do need some new defenders. Fair enough Cowley may improve what we have but you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse even with a magic wand. Our current bunch are well under par for a promotion seeking team."

I think Nottyimp has been saying that for a while, see his siggy!

Sincilbanks - 7/6/2016 11:29

"We do need some new defenders. Fair enough Cowley may improve what we have but you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse even with a magic wand. Our current bunch are well under par for a promotion seeking team."

I think Nottyimp has been saying that for a while, see his siggy!

He he. Well, indeed. I'm not saying players can't be improved - they certainly can. But I don't expect to see Alan Power or Lee Beevers starting the season 30% better than they did last year...

We had umpteen midfielders last season, not many good ones amongst them!

Power might be able to turn in a circle 30% quicker with a bit more rotation training Notty