Bradley Dack off to Leicester? | Vital Football

Bradley Dack off to Leicester?

Couldn`t buy Bradley`s bus fare home with a poultry ten million, Jim.... But, fifteen million plus a speedboat might just do it !

Haha...look what you could have won

Maddison went for £20m, so Dack must be worth closer to that now...if he keeps fit!

If Bradley can maintain current form, Jim, then there`ll be competition to sign him and 20m will be a realistic figure. It would be great for Bradley and, with our sell-on, it would be seriously super, smashing, great for the Gills.

Obviously a big money move suits Gills but that aside, I’d love to see him play for Leicester. I like the way they play, and would enjoy watching him play just behind Vardy.

If he keeps hitting the bullseye each week then his value will rocket. What’s the sell/on fee we get for £180m?

A comic says Leicester City.
A if Lecester are genuinely interested it is very wrong for them to try to unsettle Dack.If they are watching him and saying nothing fine.But I do believe it is very wrong for any club to make a noise about a player at a smaller club to try start the player thinking about a move outside the transfer window.

A comic says Leicester City.
A if Lecester are genuinely interested it is very wrong for them to try to unsettle Dack.If they are watching him and saying nothing fine.But I do believe it is very wrong for any club to make a noise about a player at a smaller club to try start the player thinking about a move outside the transfer window.

I wouldn't call Blackburn a smaller club than Leicester , both are the same sort of size.

I wouldn't call Blackburn a smaller club than Leicester , both are the same sort of size.

Maybe once, Valencia, before the Premiership. But these days the gap between the haves and have-nots is so huge that (even) Bournemouth is a significantly bigger club than Blackburn.

Maybe once, Valencia, before the Premiership. But these days the gap between the haves and have-nots is so huge that (even) Bournemouth is a significantly bigger club than Blackburn.

I dunno about that, Lancs. Bournemouth are undoubtedly a richer club who are currently playing at a higher level than Blackburn but are these the only factors to consider?
What about history and fan-base?

You are dead right about the money of the Premiershit making the gap between the haves and the have-nots more extreme but i don't think that being one of the 'haves' necessarily makes a club 'big'. Imo, Villa, Leeds, Sunderland, as well as Blackburn and some other clubs too, are all much bigger than Bournemouth. FFS, Bournemouth ain't really that much more of a bigger club than the Gills. If we'd had the investment they've had it could be us up there. Once you're up there, if you have a decent manager and a bit of luck you can stay there. And the longer you stay there the more money you receive and the greater chance you have of remaining. This doesn't make a club big though.

On the flip side, truly big clubs can fck up and slip down the leagues. Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are good examples of this.

I did acknowledge the historical aspect Buddha, when i said "Maybe once". But, Valencia said that both are the same sort of size. On a contemporary basis, I maintain that any Premiership club is a bigger club, bigger resource etc., than one outwith. If we`re talking purely about tradition, history, fan base etc., then yes, of course I`d agree with him , and you.

Back to the thread. It is 4 months to the next transfer window a lot can happen in that time, let's wait and see.

Blackburn's average gate last season was 13,000 and has Burnley, Bolton, Accrington, Rochdale, Bury, Preston and Oldham all within a stone's throw. Leicester City's average gate for the same period - 32,000 and no other clubs in spitting distance.

I've thought for a while that a Prem club like Leicester would be the perfect fit for Bradley. Fingers crossed they are ok to throw a lot of money at Blackburn in January.

Blackburn's average gate last season was 13,000 and has Burnley, Bolton, Accrington, Rochdale, Bury, Preston and Oldham all within a stone's throw. Leicester City's average gate for the same period - 32,000 and no other clubs in spitting distance.

But 32,000 might be expected in the premiership. How many would Leicester manage in lge 1 ?

True big clubs have a massive fan base .
Sunderland for example , will always be a bigger club than Bournemouth , whatever division either are playing in.

Midlands are well served with other clubs though. Birmingham is about 40 miles and Nottingham/Derby about 30. Always thought the people of Leicester were a good example of backing their home team.
I agree but nowhere near as close as Lancashire clubs and the population of Blackburn and Darwen is only 150,000.

Last edited: