Boycott Dubai | Vital Football

Boycott Dubai

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
what utter filth and scum:

A Norwegian woman who reported being raped in Dubai has been jailed for 16 months - for having sex outside of marriage.

The 25-year-old was in the country on a business trip when she was attacked in March.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/07/18/norwegian-woman-raped-dubai-jailed-sex-outside-marriage/?ncid=webmail6

It's a staggering situation. And not the first time I've read about the same sort of incident.

This needs taking to Facebook (can't believe it hasn't yet), get it spread globally and possibly have an impact on the place.

It defied belief that this could happen. I wouldn't go to Dubai anyway with what goes on their. These type of things just reiterate my beliefs. I hope they can get her out

I've boycotted Dubai for 33 years and have no problem keeping that up.

Joking aside though what a ridiculous fcuked up ruling, and we think our Country and politicians are fcuked up! Sometime we dont realise how lucky we actually are.

Was she actually raped though? Have to look between the lines there. I'm not so sure she'd have been raped. She probably had sex with the guy and has been done for the sex before marriage rule, like the guy who allegedly raped her. I'm not saying she wasn't raped but I don't think it's conclusive that she was. Reason being for raping someone in Dubai, you would almost certainly be killed or some other punishment like that.

I've been to Dubai and people are shit scared of committing crimes because of the punishments so crimes are rare over there. We can all say the laws are a joke and some are to us, but it's Sharia law, it's their country and you know you have to abide by those laws while your there, unlike with us over here who lets everyone do whatever they like.

This is all on the assumption she wasn't raped, which I don't think she was. Sex before marriage I reckon was the crime between the pair, she probably claimed rape when she knew what could happen.

The rapist has been convicted and imprisoned too, so I assume he did do it.

It seems mental, infact totally disgraceful, that a case can be concluded by sending a rapist to prison, then send his victim to prison too for being ont he receiving end.

Western governments and big businesses should be acting on this and threatening to pull out of investments in the country, until things change.

No, she'll have just gone in and said she was raped for a laugh.

:21:

The young Norwegian woman's story is not unique.

Earlier this year Australian Alicia Gali, 27, spoke of how she was thrown in a Dubai jail for eight months after she reported a rape.

Miss Gali was working at hotel chain Starwood when her drink was spiked in the staff bar.

She awoke to find that three colleagues had raped her, but when she went to a hospital for help, they turned her over to the police and she was charged with illicit sex outside marriage.

Under UAE law, rapists can only be convicted if either the perpetrator confesses or if four adult Muslim males witness the crime.

Under the Sharia-influenced laws, sex before marriage is completely forbidden and an unmarried couple holding hands in public can be jailed.

Foreigners jailed in Dubai are deported immediately after completing their sentences. [/quotes]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2367152/Norwegian-woman-reported-raped-Dubai-jailed-16-months.html#ixzz2ZThtEqq4

These people are living in the 12th century, they are demons one and all. Evil, vile nasty controlling scum bags. If only there was a God, I'd love him to send a plague to wipe out these sorts of people.

haha! The EDL one in Brum?

One of my neighbours is going to Brum for a piss up weekend with his mates and has just found out. They are all skinny heads. could be interesting!!!!

And no, never in a million years would be my reply!

a couple of younger bikers are going up, no doubt in the hope of actually trying to impress people with their tales afterwards (fails miserably everytime). i suppose if i was in better health i would go but not to march against islam but to crack a few of the u.a.f scum around the mush.

I have arranged a reunion of my old football team for a charity five-a-side tomorrow.

A few of the lads are now gutted they have committed to it as they usually go to EDL demonstrations when they are local. I will say too that of the four main ones who go to them: two are white, one black and one mixed race.

I've always advised them against it but they believe in what they stand for so it's fair enough. And I must say that if it were a choice between the EDL and UAF, I'd stand with the EDL every time.

As Deano implies, even with all the (quite serious) financial and social problems we have in this part of the world, there are many far worse places.

randy.stand - 19/7/2013 08:42

Was she actually raped though? Have to look between the lines there. I'm not so sure she'd have been raped. She probably had sex with the guy and has been done for the sex before marriage rule, like the guy who allegedly raped her. I'm not saying she wasn't raped but I don't think it's conclusive that she was. Reason being for raping someone in Dubai, you would almost certainly be killed or some other punishment like that.

I've been to Dubai and people are shit scared of committing crimes because of the punishments so crimes are rare over there. We can all say the laws are a joke and some are to us, but it's Sharia law, it's their country and you know you have to abide by those laws while your there, unlike with us over here who lets everyone do whatever they like.

This is all on the assumption she wasn't raped, which I don't think she was. Sex before marriage I reckon was the crime between the pair, she probably claimed rape when she knew what could happen.

R.S with respect if she had, had sex out of marriage consensual no one would have known, so why go to the police unless it was true.

badge73 - 19/7/2013 09:18

how would they react to homosexuals in dubai simon?

Well not great, its illegal in the Middle East to be gay. I would never live there, but i can control myself for a week whilst im on holiday in public lol!But i respect that because its their country and their religion. Who am I to break that law?

Like i say, i'm not saying she hasn't been raped but there's always more to stories in Dubai. Like that british woman that was jailed for allegedly having sex on the beach. She said that no one told her that she couldn't fondle around with her boyfriend on the beach... then the truth came out and the security had told her numerous times before she was arrested and she was sent to jail.

In terms of law, they do live in the dark ages. Shariah law is a load of bollocks to us, but its their law and their country. Its pretty tough to argue against. This story may well be true, but I bet there's parts of it that haven't come out. There always is. In regards to the sex before marriage thing Kefkat, whistleblowing is rife in Dubai. If two blokes are suspected to be in a relationship you can be reported without any factual evidence by people. This could be the same. And the guy that allegedly rape her obviously would go down aswell because he would be having sex before marriage.

I find it hard, and obviously we are all different, to understand why you would go to a country who consider what you do (ie love someone) illegal.

Just hateful places that don't deserve the tourist money.

I have to agree with Fear.

Simon, in Dubai they see you as vermin, infact probably worse. Why would you want to go somewhere like that?