Boycott Dubai | Page 2 | Vital Football

Boycott Dubai

Why have I been to Dubai on holiday? Basically because its cheap for me to go because Uncle Vest owns an apartment there and is a nicer holiday further away than say a cheap all inclusive in Tenerife.

I don't need everyone to agree with me etc there, i don't really care. I'm there for 7 days, i do all the touristy things and its a really cool place for a break. To be fair, the whole '' why would i go there if they all think im vermin'' thing is flawed anyway. I could say that about parking my car in Aston and walking down to Villa Park. Vast majority of Aston and Witton's residents are Muslims who would hold the same beliefs as the Muslims in Dubai.

Dunno, I just don't really think of it like that. I don't really care who likes or hates me really, that's probably why! Its just a nice place to enjoy a holiday, i've found that anyway.

I think going to Dubai as a gay fella is a bit like Osama Bin Laden going to Disneyland, but each to their own.

James06 - 19/7/2013 15:28

I think going to Dubai as a gay fella is a bit like Osama Bin Laden going to Disneyland, but each to their own.

Why? I'm not going there to bum everything in sight! :3:

randy.stand - 19/7/2013 15:28

Well neither am I, but I wouldnt go there because their system is disgusting. It's like handing over 20 pound notes to Idi Amin or Pol Pot IMO.

You shouldnt go because its a contradiction, and a totally immoral regime against you and those closest to you.

It is the same as a jewish person saying how lovely 1930's Berlin was. ''yeah they fucking despised me and wanted to strip me of my wealth and my dignity, rape and murder my wife and children and have me gassed and incinerated, but the architecture was stunning.''

I'm sure Bin Laden's kids would have a great time at Magic Kingdom but it still would be totally contradictory of him to take them there - the place epitomises everything he is against.

Unfortunetly Jim, if i thought like that then many places around the world I'd be unable to visit!

Anyway, i haven't been to Dubai for a while, certainly not whilst being with Rich and have no plans to do so in the future at the moment. I'm not sure I had values and strong opinions on this sort of stuff when I was only 14/15 etc.

Well if you do take Rich there be very very careful. Even if they get they slightest sniff of you lifting his shirt and you'll be coming back without your head!

James06 - 20/7/2013 00:43

Well neither am I, but I wouldnt go there because their system is disgusting. It's like handing over 20 pound notes to Idi Amin or Pol Pot IMO.

You shouldnt go because its a contradiction, and a totally immoral regime against you and those closest to you.

It is the same as a jewish person saying how lovely 1930's Berlin was. ''yeah they fucking despised me and wanted to strip me of my wealth and my dignity, rape and murder my wife and children and have me gassed and incinerated, but the architecture was stunning.''

I'm sure Bin Laden's kids would have a great time at Magic Kingdom but it still would be totally contradictory of him to take them there - the place epitomises everything he is against.

Bin Laden's dead but he wasn't against Disney land. My understanding is that he didn't give a shit what 'mericans did as long as it was not in Muslim lands.

I'm not defending him. He was a psycho **** but from what I've read the demands of Al Qaeda aren't that unreasonable, unless you are an American foreign policy advisor.

I am going to boycott Dubai im not going there or ever been there but feck it i am boycotting the place for a fellow Villan i i ever win the Lottery out of values and principles, in this day and age we here all the time the muslims telling us how rascist we are over here and we should allow them to do what they want to do yet in there countries its a different kettle of fish,,,,,doible bloody standards if you ask me the cheaky barstools!

James06 - 19/7/2013 15:55

Well if you do take Rich there be very very careful. Even if they get they slightest sniff of you lifting his shirt and you'll be coming back without your head!

Lifting his shirt :3: :3:

Doible standards, indeed. I've passed through the middle east but never left the airport. I've never met a nice Arab and I've no interest in their sand dunes.

I used to like watching the Arabian Knights during the Banana Splits.

Hope that helps move this debate on

BodyButter - 19/7/2013 16:06

James06 - 20/7/2013 00:43

Bin Laden's dead but he wasn't against Disney land. My understanding is that he didn't give a shit what 'mericans did as long as it was not in Muslim lands.

I'm not defending him. He was a psycho **** but from what I've read the demands of Al Qaeda aren't that unreasonable, unless you are an American foreign policy advisor.

Don't get me wrong I think the human rights act has gone too far. But that doesnt mean I totally advocate a 'when in rome' policy, or that I think what happens in foreign lands is upto them and we should leave them to it.
Barbaric, medieval policies need to be changed, evil regimes and dictatorships need to be overthrown and people need to be saved.

I'm hardly a leftie liberal tree hugger by any stretch, but I am totally flumoxed that people are prepared to turn a blind eye to this crazy bullshit.

I do find it interesting that the perception of Dubai has changed so much in recent years. I agree with Jimmy. I can't understand why anyone would go to a repressive place like Dubai to relax and have a good time.

There are plenty of nice places in the world with friendly people who will be happy to welcome you to their country. Why not visit one of those?