Boxing thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

I did enjoy this and hopefully, it ends the same result.

Good visual video apart from some stupid biassed comments.
It was the last time I could visit Brtum during the Covid pandemic and I finally met up with my best mate Don.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone involved really wanted the fight to happen to be honest. Fury's contract signing video for this third fight (that no one wants to see) was just bizarre as well.

Josh Taylor becomes undisputed light welterweight, great achievement for him all be in it a very week division these days. Hopefully he moves up to welterweight now.

It is really bizarre given the legal experts within the Fury camp would’ve been well aware of the contract, and perhaps even the AJ camp as I seem to recall seeing Fury having a 3x fight agreement with Wilder.

Perhaps it was just a publicity stunt all along, to build up the hype for when they actually do get around to fighting, when they’re both over the hill?

What a load of shite. No one wants Fury/Wilder 3. No one wants Joshua v some no hoper. Sigh, boxing is an utter load of bollox.
Pathetic, political, money making organisations who don’t give a shit about the fans. I get how the advent of all these different governing bodies mean that more boxers have a chance to be a world champion so you don’t get like we had in the past great boxers not even getting a shot at a world title. But it is just ridiculous now.

Fury and Joshua are friends. I don't buy into all this bullshit. All I see is a massive PR stunt to be honest.
Their legal teams will be the best that money can buy. No way they didn't see this coming. Both sides.

One of The biggest regrets I have to never actually see Lennox beat those American bigmouths (Sorry my Las Vegas amigos!)

I have been to Vegas many times I know a few big Vegas players who I consider as friends and they still tell me how my timing was so bad to watch Lenox.

Bobby Brown, my great Vegas friend see you soon buddy I hope given all this shit with covid, etc.

I know you follow me on here........Thanks, Man.

Last edited:
Lenox was far too big and strong and he was deservedly the champion of the world.. .........................I've done most things in life but NEVER had met my boxing hero.

Lenox was far too big and strong and he was deservedly the champion of the world.. .........................I've done most things in life but NEVER had met my boxing hero.
If you look at the comic cons and things like that all our boxing legends go to them to do signed photos. Worth a look. If I come across one with Lennox will let you know.
Or we could contact cilla, see if surprise surprise is still going...
Oh wait.....
Comic con.

Q

Corrected for you TH.

He was born in West Ham, London, and lived in the area for the next 11-12 years?. He was probably the best thing to ever have come from the shit-hole and that's good enough for me.

I would imagine leaving West Ham for Canada with all the Opportunities available must have been like moving to the promised land and fair play to Lennox he grabbed every opportunity that came his way in life.

Although born in Brum I have an Irish passport so I'm sometimes Irish when it suites me;):grinning:

So Floyd gets paid at least $10m to have some light sparring with a guy 40lbs heavier than him. How hilarious. He's laughing to the bank.

So Floyd gets paid at least $10m to have some light sparring with a guy 40lbs heavier than him. How hilarious. He's laughing to the bank.

Circus really isn't it!? But fair play, think I'd take that as a wage pack!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57381402

"Just going the distance was a win for him," Mayweather said.
"When the money comes, we will see who the winner is," he added.
The 44-year-old said he expects to make $50m (£35m) from the event and even referred to the exhibition as "legalised bank robbery".

See the Thor v The Beast has been set, it is ppv on a website by the looks of it.

Sigh. These celeb, OAP and YouTube boxing is a nasty accident waiting to happen.
Which is one thing.
The other thing is that it's just not entertaining in any shape or form. I have no idea who is buying these events.

Sigh. These celeb, OAP and YouTube boxing is a nasty accident waiting to happen.
Which is one thing.
The other thing is that it's just not entertaining in any shape or form. I have no idea who is buying these events.

Especially Thor/Beast. Two very strong guys. Hey ho, suppose the circus must go on!