Boxing thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Josh Warrington battered to a pulp but a glorified Mexican club fighter. Career over I'd say. Never rated him, I generally dislike powder puff punchers who operate on the front foot and apply a lot of pressure.

Josh Warrington battered to a pulp but a glorified Mexican club fighter. Career over I'd say. Never rated him, I generally dislike powder puff punchers who operate on the front foot and apply a lot of pressure.
Should have been stopped WAAAAAY before too.

Yes, nowhere to go after that is there? It was humiliating and as you rightly say above, should have been stopped in the 4th round. Looked a bit bent to me, the fact it wasn't stopped. All about money and not the health of the fighter/s clearly.

Yes, nowhere to go after that is there? It was humiliating and as you rightly say above, should have been stopped in the 4th round. Looked a bit bent to me, the fact it wasn't stopped. All about money and not the health of the fighter/s clearly.
It was a vintage Hearn show. Dodgy score cards in one of the fights and dodgy refereeing in the main event. The ref basically tried to give Warrington every chance to win. Had Lara gone down like that in the 4th it would have been all over.

Howard Foster (the ref) is as bent as a nine bob note, always has been. Most famous for ruining Froch vs Groves 1.

This is really very sad, what a great, great fighter and great human being. Has to be the greatest middleweight of all time, robbed in that fight with Ray Leonard IMO.

He seemed to keep himself in good shape and he looked and spoke very well in an interview I saw him give last year, no signs of carrying the effects of a boxing career, what a shock.

He took that defeat against Sugar Ray Leonard very badly and until his dying day he despised Leonard and accused him of running away during the big fight and it ended up one of the most disputed decisions in boxing history.

Never been a great fight fan but Marvelous Marvin was by far my favourite boxer. That middleweight division during the mid 80s saw some terrific boxers and great fights with the likes of Marvin, Hearnes Duran and Sugar Ray.

There was something something special about Marvin. A guy who could give a punch and take a punch and would mix it with the best.

Always struck me as a model pro and someone who genuinely understood what respect was within the game.

So the Battle of Britain - Joshua v Fury, is going to be in Saudi Arabia.

What a slimey choice. Not surprised with Hearn involved. But both boxers could have shown some self respect, sorry, my mistake, evidently not. They seem to think they can tell others how to live, then sell their souls and go to a country with woeful human rights.

Nice to see £$ come before principles.

What a slimey choice. Not surprised with Hearn involved. But both boxers could have shown some self respect, sorry, my mistake, evidently not. They seem to think they can tell others how to live, then sell their souls and go to a country with woeful human rights.

Totally agree.
A huge blow for British Boxing fans who without us where would these two be?
Total sell out.
The only encouraging factor is that it is a 2 fight deal so maybe the rematch will take place in a packed wembley post covid.
But totally agree with you.

Where have you seen this JF? I was saying to my mates I thought it would be in SA, what a disgrace.

I do think though they’ll have 2 if not 3 fights depending on results so no doubt they’ll have a Wembley fight too. I can’t imagine the atmosphere at Wembley would be too pleasant with the sort of crowds you get at boxing anyway let alone a huge fight like this.

Where have you seen this JF? I was saying to my mates I thought it would be in SA, what a disgrace.

I do think though they’ll have 2 if not 3 fights depending on results so no doubt they’ll have a Wembley fight too. I can’t imagine the atmosphere at Wembley would be too pleasant with the sort of crowds you get at boxing anyway let alone a huge fight like this.

It is slated for 2 fights at the moment. Return one might be Wembley, but then, this one might have been. Greed against morals.

https://www.givemesport.com/1678531...-bob-arum-confirms-venue-three-possible-dates

I will be at work on a night shift but I am one million percent watching. I think Canelo will just totally outclass him to be honest but you never know.

Yes, a huge fight and step up for BJS. I think Canelo will ultimately dismantle him towards the latter rounds, but I do think BJS is something different for him to deal with him and it should be an entertaining fight.

BJS can’t be any more disappointing that Callum Smith that’s for sure.

I hate Canelo, but I absolutely despise Saunders. I hope Canelo beats the dog shit out of him and Saunders has to retire due to the beating he receives.

In reality I expect Billy Jo to spend most of the fight running until Canelo catches up to him late and potentially stops him.

I hate Canelo, but I absolutely despise Saunders. I hope Canelo beats the dog shit out of him and Saunders has to retire due to the beating he receives.

In reality I expect Billy Jo to spend most of the fight running until Canelo catches up to him late and potentially stops him.
I could happily agree with that word for word.