Boxing thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Used to think Tyson was just a clown. That was before knowing his struggles with mental illness to be fair. But also, after the last few fights, fuck me, what a fight back, what a story. Fair play to him.

Just caught the fight. That was an amazing display. Not sure it was good letting Wilder keep going with blood oozing out of his ear though, not v the power of another massive heavy weight especially.

Hope Wilder decides not to take the re-match, and allows himself to mend properly. But are boxers (or their advisors) ever sensible?

That does stand in the way of a summer block buster between Fury and AJ

All I know of AJ goes back to the Kit fight and the behaviour there and I was impressed.

Thought Fury was an utter bellend given what I'd seen - mouthy/Batman or Robin skit years back etc. But even as a loose boxing fan, everything I've seen from him more recently with his mental health openness and so on just as a general bloke, I think I misjudged his humour and him.

The recovery in whatever fight it was (the other one with Wilder?) where he was sparko was utterly mental.

Not seen this one and can't find highlight catchup, anyone know where I can gander over it please?

All I know of AJ goes back to the Kit fight and the behaviour there and I was impressed.

Thought Fury was an utter bellend given what I'd seen - mouthy/Batman or Robin skit years back etc. But even as a loose boxing fan, everything I've seen from him more recently with his mental health openness and so on just as a general bloke, I think I misjudged his humour and him.

The recovery in whatever fight it was (the other one with Wilder?) where he was sparko was utterly mental.

Not seen this one and can't find highlight catchup, anyone know where I can gander over it please?

was on you tube this morning mike

Yes, the first v Wilder. Spark out and match over one minute, he was up and fighting again the next. It was amazing wasn't it!?

Utterly phenomenal and without meaning to be wanky - Rockyesque given my limited boxing knowledge. Put him more back on the map for me and 'not a joker' and then I listened to him and ended up quite liking him.

I'll try that again - I watched the highlights to the first fight and Wilder was crap then lol

Although I do think Fury could've done without the tongue lashing during the fight lol

Out of the 7 billion people in this world you could probably count on one hand how many people would get up after those two rockets and carry on fighting and win the rest of the round. Truly a 1 in a billion occurrence. Not human. Most humans would be put in a coma after that or possibly even death. I'm the same though Mike, during his batman times I thought he was a pratt but si ce his had more exposure and since I've understood his journey and his personality then I've grown to really like him. You would never see fury deny someone a selfie or a handshake. He is a people champion. Weve all got faults and had horrible times. Tyson embraces his and uses it for good. AJ seems to plaster over his cracks in the wall as to not tarnish his image.

Nice to see Birmingham City supporting Kal Yafai getting smashed up last night. He was a fake 'world champ' and stepped in against Roman Gonzalez, one of the all time great flyweights. Despite Yafai having a substantial weight advantage Gonazalez fucking destroyed him, beautiful knockout.

Just wanted to post in a message about my late fellowship friend Jimmy. He loved his boxing and helped teach and work with many a young person at his club here in York.

One of the good guys. Gone too soon. His funeral today, hence. That's it from me. I'm not a boxing fan. Just one of many small ways of saying thank you

Erm...nah I can't have read that right.....:ooops:

World champion Billy Joe Saunders has apologised after posting a video on social media in which he advised men how to hit their female partners during the coronavirus lockdown. The WBO super-middleweight champion, 30, was shown demonstrating techniques on a punch bag.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52082246

We brought up our 2 kids to be kind, considerate and well-balanced people.

I always used to think when we went anywhere how they behaved was a reflection on us the parents so the compliments we used to get on holidays etc seemed a bit strange to me as my kids were only behaving what I considered normal.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Billy Joe Saunders child in public - I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Billy Joe is the most overrated piece of shit in the sport, he has never beaten anyone top tier, still dining out to his win over David Lemieux, a career B/C level middleweight whom Golovkin destroyed far more impressively prior to that win.

I actually like Billy Joe, his fight against Coceres in November was quality entertainment. It’ll be a shame if at 30 he can’t fight the worlds elite.

He’s actually a half decent bloke, I follow him on social media and he posted a nice message for the NHS and has done some things for other causes.

He’s posted what he considers a joke online, that in today’s world isn’t acceptable. We all interpret it different, it’s a terrible joke - but it is a joke. My mates were taking the piss out of my punch bag when they saw it, saying the punch bag doesn’t hit back.

The circumstances initiated the joke and with the increase in domestic violence it’s a stupid one to make. A public apology for me would suffice

Up there among the biggest British hype jobs ever, never done anything, never beaten anyone good. He can fuck right off the little scumbag.

Up there among the biggest British hype jobs ever, never done anything, never beaten anyone good. He can fuck right off the little scumbag.

I think he’d give it a good against some of the top, top middleweights. Except GGG who would beat anyone pound for pound.

Anyway, he’s shown our captain because he’s put out a good, honest statement. Underneath he’s not all that bad a man, I’m not a fan of the travelling community but he seems to do a bit for the disadvantaged behind his bravado.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bjsaunders_?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Saunders wouldnt stand a chance against the elite. Groves would have beaten him. Imagine what froch would have done. Not a fan of the bloke inside or outside the ring.