Boxing thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Sucked up to the Prince's what??!! I thought they got stoned for that sort of thing in the Middle East.

Wasn’t there a gay Saudi Prince that murdered the guy he slept with?

No doubt this happened in London and we closed our eyes for him to fly back to Rhiyadh first class so he couldn’t be charged.

Thought AJ did really well. He did exactly what he needed to do to win. He was never going to out brawl ruiz. I still think fury would destroy him though. And if wilder landed a monster on his weaker chin then it would be lights out. Still.massive respect to AJ for how he handled the loss, came back, learnt from his mistakes and made a brilliant plan. Still think AJ should have Dave Caldwell as his trainer though, I really rate him.

Well, well ,well.

I detested Fury, thought he was a horrible disgusting character a few years ago. Maybe he is still that person. I still dont really like him
I didnt think he was the boxer he said he was either. But wow, just wow. . He is the real deal and I have absolute respect for sporting achievements like this. He has won me over massively in that respect .

Forget the 3rd fight with Wilder ( unfortunately its contracted). It has to be Fury v AJ .

That was a boxing masterclass.
The third fight contract is triggered by the loser believe it or not. Do you think wilder will want to go through that again. Defo not straight away.
I do get you. Fury in the past has been a bit of a Nob but I think his recent battles with mental health have humbled him. He is a good bloke. Just a loveable nob.
His boxing talent has always been there. He has always been technically good. But last night was something else. That was the best heavyweight performance I have ever seen. He is the best heavy weight on the planet. He will beat AJ. Just hope it happens at Wembley so I can go.

Well, I just watched it on YouTube. Fury literally boxed his ears off. Wilder was out of it from 4th round. Glad his corner saw sense otherwise he would have been badly hurt. (Not that he wasn’t hurt enough) massive respect to Fury for that performance, totally dominant. On that showing AJ wouldn’t go 3 rounds with him.

Fury always rises to the occasion. It's pretty uncanny. He looked like absolute dog shit against Otto Wallin recently but puts on a masterclass when he knows he has to.

His footwork is unparalleled at this weight, hands are quick, he has an innate ability to slip punches, great ability to feint and he has developed a good right hand, go back 7 years ago and he could barely throw that punch, even in the Klitschko fight he was unable to throw it straight.

Fury in an inspired mood would take Joshua apart.

Wilder for what it's worth showed that he's not anomaly, boxing history shows that the best punchers eventually find someone who can either take their best shot or find ways to consistently avoid it. Wilder is just not anywhere near good enough or skilled enough to show a different look, cannot use his jab in a controlling way and cannot counter punch at all.

My Dad was into boxing and Horse racing I've never really taken to either but just watched Tyson Fury beat Wilder the hardest puncher ever? and then sing American pie as if he'd just been on a night out with the boys absolutely incredible

All said and done I actually have really taken to wilder. I think he is actually a really decent chap. Didnt think I would like him although his entrance song was a bit racial. I ended up feeling a bit sorry for him. He got destroyed. Please if there is some kind of boxing god/alien out there, please please please make fury vs Joshua this year at wembley.

on a different note, I watched the fight on a youtube vid with an American commentary team and guess what one was a woman, yet more pc madness. I don't know if this is normal in America. if there's one professional sport that is not normally associated with women boxing is it surely.

If you gave me the choice I would want AJ to win. But I actually can't see him beating Fury.

Your previous post was spot on with my feelings towards Fury, I really like the guy now I know more about him. There’s a lot of show man in him, but he’s single handedly putting some personality into boxing.

AJ has a checkered history, and doesn’t sound like a particularly nice guy outside of the ring. He’s an athlete who’s learned to box, and Eddie Hearn wants to keep him squeaky clean as his brand is worth as much as his boxing.

I don’t know where AJ v Fury would be, highly likely America. I’d definitely look to go, unless it’s somewhere stupid like Saudi Arabia - and I’ll be supporting Fury.

on a different note, I watched the fight on a youtube vid with an American commentary team and guess what one was a woman, yet more pc madness. I don't know if this is normal in America. if there's one professional sport that is not normally associated with women boxing is it surely.

The female fights are entertaining, I saw Katie Taylor in America against a Belgian girl and the fight was brutal! I thought she lost but the judges gave it to her and she came through on points, they went at it 100mph - great fight. There’s a british girl called Shannon Courtney who’s decent too and had some good fights.

I think it’s picking up with the females, I wouldn’t mess with em!

The female fights are entertaining, I saw Katie Taylor in America against a Belgian girl and the fight was brutal! I thought she lost but the judges gave it to her and she came through on points, they went at it 100mph - great fight. There’s a british girl called Shannon Courtney who’s decent too and had some good fights.

I think it’s picking up with the females, I wouldn’t mess with em!

Didn't Muhammad Ali's daughter do some foxy boxing stuff?

Theres some good female boxers now but you ought to see some of the women in the ufc. Straight out assassins. I'm a fury man through and through. I like AJ but my heart is with fury.

Women's boxing at the top level is actually pretty good. They're good athletes with skills, fights can be very entertaining. It's nothing like 'elite level' women's football where the standard isn't even Festival League level.

If you gave me the choice I would want AJ to win. But I actually can't see him beating Fury.

Think AJ has said the only way to beat Fury is to come out like Tyson and go for it for 2-3 rounds. I concur. But saying it and doing it are slightly different!

I stayed up to watch even though I didn't intend to, but as the time got closer I said why not.

I like Fury, he's a mad bastard, but I like him. And he crushed Wilder.

Fury vs AJ has to happen soon. And surely it would be at Wembley or somewhere instead of that 5-6am nonsense?