Boxing thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Another big fight coming up in Las Vegas ( wish I was Going! ) but I think the step up in weight may be a step too far for Amir Khan against a big hitter like Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and I wish Amir all the best and he has got his own skills to do it as well.

Amir Khan says he will handle Saul Alvarez's power when they collide in Las Vegas

Article.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-says-handle-saul-7892483

I think Khan is going to lose, but the days of him getting sparked out, now he's with Virgil Hunter, are gone (just watch another Briedis Prescott coming now i've said that)...

Canelo isn't a one punch knock out merchant per se, but i see him wearing Khan down just by being the naturally bigger guy (although face to face, Khan looks a little taller!)

It's an interesting one, I keep changin my mind about who i think will win, but i'm gonna stick with Canelo late on, with Khan giving him lots of problems early on with his fast hands and fast feet

The Fear - 29/4/2016 09:20

Did you see the other one? Where Tyson was saying he hopes Kiltschko gets his belts back!

All mind games i suspect JF, although Tyson has been saying that he just doesn't care about boxing anymore, he's just in it for the money, he's going to retire after this fight etc etc...

I think it's all mind games to lull Wlad into a false sense of security again (as with the 'fat man' stunt), but you never know with Tyson....the interviews i've seen he doesn genuinely looked fucked off with the whole thing

villawill - 4/5/2016 13:31

I think Khan is going to lose, but the days of him getting sparked out, now he's with Virgil Hunter, are gone (just watch another Briedis Prescott coming now i've said that)...

Canelo isn't a one punch knock out merchant per se, but i see him wearing Khan down just by being the naturally bigger guy (although face to face, Khan looks a little taller!)

It's an interesting one, I keep changin my mind about who i think will win, but i'm gonna stick with Canelo late on, with Khan giving him lots of problems early on with his fast hands and fast feet

One punch did it mate by Christ did it do it.

SKEGGY - 8/5/2016 18:27

villawill - 4/5/2016 13:31

One punch did it mate by Christ did it do it.

fucking pummelled him!
I thought Khan was nicking it up to then....one mistake though, and BAM!

In Manchester, what a performance by Anthony Crolla!

Good night for British Boxing last night with some big names on the card.

Wins for Benn, Eubank, Saint George Groves and of course the machine that is Anthony Joshua.

Thought Groves showed what a clever fighter he was against the very well respected Martin Murray.

Joshua probably took longer to dispatch Breazeale than most expected but that was more to do with the challenger being as hard and as tough as the proverbial. The undercard highlight was Eubank looks as if he's matured as a fighter. Benn to soon to tell and Groves just don't like him.

Joshua supreme. While Fury bottles it. Despite pulling out of the re-match a couple of days ago with an injury Fury is partying with the England fans in France. Sooner Fury goes away from British sport the better.
Hopefully on the end of a clubbing right hand from Joshua.

And Tyson Fury pulls out of the re-match again as he is medically unfit to fight apparantly.

I cannot stand the bloke but do not wish any ill health on him.

However, i just get the feeling that Fury knows he will not catch Klitschko having such an off day again and is delaying.

Surely, the boxing authorities will have to consider stripping him of the titles, this can't go on.

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder charged with cannabis possession in Alabama.

Love his lawyer's explanation:

"He returned home today from Georgia driving his Rolls Royce and selected his Cadillac Escalade from his fleet of vehicles to run errands."

:19: :1:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40296067

Nigel Benn and Steve Collins are set to get it on again 20-odd years after their last bout.

Both men over 50, haven't boxed for over 20 years and will look for a licence from abroad if the British board refuse their application.

Blimey, blast form the past. Must have run out of money :27:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40434050

Should Rio Ferdinand be given a licence to box. 38 years of age and he has started training. I am not so sure, its ok looking good in training but a differenet matter when you get in the ring and someone keeps banging away at your head. :120:

astonion2 - 20/9/2017 17:05

Should Rio Ferdinand be given a licence to box. 38 years of age and he has started training. I am not so sure, its ok looking good in training but a differenet y when you get in the ring and someone keeps banging away at your head. :120:

Licencing board don't give them out easily. He will have to go some.

NOW you're talking.....

68-year old George Foreman has challenged Steven Seagal to a fight! :120:

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/george-foreman-has-challenged-steven-seagal-to-a-fight-because-why-not/