Boxing thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

SKEGGY - 4/4/2016 20:40

I just felt he held back when he troubled Collins. The Eubank of old would had been all over him.
Yeah he was never the same after Watson the Benn fights were so brutal Collins wouldn't have beat either of them in them days.

SKEGGY - 4/4/2016 22:42

The Benn v McCellan fight was the brutalist I've ever seen.
That was actually horrible to watch Benn was like a man possessed that night.

Anthony Joshua fights this Saturday for the IBF Heavyweight title against paper champ, Charles Martin

Come on AJ!

Should be a good fight... i have never seen charles fight but he is certainly saying the right things. Big chap too.

Hope AJ smashes through him. He does look like he can bang hard! AJ will have to be harder to hit than his last outing. Whyte was able to hit him way to easily.

The heavyweight division really is a mess. Martin had the IBF belt by beating a string of nobodies until it was taken from Fury. Joshua has potential but is still untested. Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note at all and Fury, while a complete arsehole, is underrated yet managed a snooze fest to beat someone well past their prime. Not that he should be blamed for that, as you win however you can.

Think the only way it will get better is if Joshua proves to be the real deal. He'd destroy Wilder even now and in 18 months to three years could unify the division. If boxing politics allow it.

Problem with the alphabet titles is anyone can be champion so best way to decide who is really champion is either The Ring title or linear. Which Fury, bizarrely in many ways, now holds.

Yes, used to be such a respected division as well. Fury, good luck to him he's making his fortune, but what a twat!

Right Fury is a twat but he only does it to entice the best to fight him and tbf he's the best in the World right now I actually think right now he would beat Joshua but they will fight and when they do it will be massive but right now Joshua needs to steer clear.

The Real Neil - 10/4/2016 16:32

The heavyweight division really is a mess. Martin had the IBF belt by beating a string of nobodies until it was taken from Fury. Joshua has potential but is still untested. Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note at all and Fury, while a complete arsehole, is underrated yet managed a snooze fest to beat someone well past their prime. Not that he should be blamed for that, as you win however you can.

Think the only way it will get better is if Joshua proves to be the real deal. He'd destroy Wilder even now and in 18 months to three years could unify the division. If boxing politics allow it.

Problem with the alphabet titles is anyone can be champion so best way to decide who is really champion is either The Ring title or linear. Which Fury, bizarrely in many ways, now holds.
Fury is underrated because he's a gobshite but he really is right now unbeatable he will stop Klitscho next time.

Fury is talented but to me he seems to lack the sort of power the other big name heavyweights have. AJ once he connects he has guys in trouble!!..Tyson tends to wear down opponents these days and when you're in a division where one punch could end things that's a dangerous habit to have.

Wilder would be dangerous for AJ because he'd have the reach advantage plus he moves better!!..his power is frightening as well.

The AJ vs Fury fight would be one for the ages!!..no doubt at Wembely in-front of a packed crowd and the hype would be insane. You just know Eddie Hern is licking his lips already. And sky would be all over as if it was May vs Pac all over again.

I agree with gator - right now, Fury beats Joshua.

Big congrats to AJ, but let's get this straight - before the fight, everyone was saying no one knew how good Martin was, well turns out, he wasn't that good at all...could have been the big occasion, or that he is just levels below World level...either way, AJ did what he does best, knocked him the fuck out.
But for some to now say he's the best in the division is ludicrous - Fury beat the man that no one else could beat for 11 years, he schooled him in boxing....schooled KLITSHCKO! It wasn't just a lucky one punch KO, he took the undisputed champ 12 rounds and beat him, convincingly.

My tin foil hat coming out here, but it really wouldn't surprise me one bit if Eddie Hearn engineered Fury getting stripped of the IBF title, knowing that AJ would get a crack at against some chump. Just looks at how many of the Matchroom fighters are IBF champs....he knows the governing body well by now i suspect.

Fury is the man to beat

Fury is such a joke.Now saying that he will train for a bit then see if he has the motivation to fight klitchko again. What a bottle merchant. Only saying this as he knows that he won't get lucky with another massive under performance by klitchko. Also saying he would only fight joshua for money and nothing else. Great champions stay at the top and defend their titles. Imagine Federer or Woods retiring after their first majors. He is running scared as he knows whats coming. Joshua could tear him a new one right now.

There is a reason why my 12 year old tonight had downloaded from sky the fight from the weekend and all joshua's knockouts. A role model and an example.
Interestingly,he hasn't asked to download anything to do with Tyson Fury who is anything but a role model.

AJ the role model convicted drug dealer....

Now i'm not saying i don't like him as a boxer, because the guy is a beast, but all this bullshit that's coming along with him is a bit cringe worthy imo.

Fury doesn't have one conviction to his name, never been in trouble with the law, went out to Germany (a notoriously hard place to get a result if you're the visiting fighter) to fight the undisputed best heavyweight fighter in the world, no one gave him a cat in hell's chance, and he didn't get lucky, anyone who knows anything about boxing can see he boxed Klit's head off for 12 rounds....Wlad was bamboozled, conmpletely out of his comfort zone, and didn't know what to do. THAT is an amazing achievement.
He was saying before hand what he would do, how he would do it, and that it would be an easy night for him....proved correct.
He will do the same in the rematch.

Joshua was handed that title. It was stolen from Fury (i suspect the work of the Hearn's in setting the chance up). AJ did what he had to do, but to put him anywhere near Tyson at this stage would be ludicrous - Fury would beat him easy right now.

Tyson talks a lot of shit, but so have other legendary heavyweights - Muhammad Ali said that black and white people whould not mix, or marry...give him a fucking break and give him the credit he deserves

Well said villawill.

Fury knows he's not the most liked person in the World so he has to sell his fights so by being rude,insensitive,homophobic,prejudiced and an all round arsehole he seems to be doing a brilliant job to me.
I remember as a young lad every time Ali fought virtually every one whether boxing fans or not would have their transistor radio's on hoping to hear Ali get beat (apart from me and my dad we loved him)and that's all Fury is doing he just doesn't have the charisma and intelligence of the greatest.
As for Fury running scared really!!!!
Think you will find Klitschko ran scared when they fought by not engaging in any toe to toe action.

Fury Kiltschko 2 press conferences started yesterday.

Very entertaining. Wlad told Tyson to 'Fuck off'....couldn't believe my ears! He's rattled again....already!
Tyson got his fat belly out, told Wlad 'Look at me, a fat man beat you, shame on you!'

[youtube=9KP5nVMqlQI]

Did you see the other one? Where Tyson was saying he hopes Kiltschko gets his belts back!

I watched the pre fight press conference and Kiltschko thought he would be clever and gain a few friends by slating Tyson Fury's comments on women and homophobic statements that Fury came out with and then in the same breath and without provocation Kiltschko undone that by telling Fury to " Fuck Off "....What an idiot Kiltschko is.

I dislike Fury's comments however despite all this I hope Fury knocks him out and puts the robotic, serial cheat Kiltschko into retirement.

It will probably be a points decision for Fury as Kiltschko does his usual routine of jab-and-grab technique in an attempt to spoil which is his trademark.