Box sets that take over your life !!! NG | Page 2 | Vital Football

Box sets that take over your life !!! NG

Many great series mentioned but Thrones really is a complete load of fantasy bilge. But not of course if someone says it's a metaphor for Brexit.

The Wire is unique for using many of former gang members and dealers in Baltimore in the cast. The episode when the Idris character is killed is particularly outstanding.

But my absolute favourite drama series is "The Gills" since PS acquired us.

Game of Thrones is the first box-set I really properly binged on, having only gotcthe box set around a year ago. Yesterday I got a 2 month Now TV subscription just to get GoT so I’ve now got 2 months to binge on any other Sky Atlantic box sets!

ditto.

Its got the strain or Now TV as well.

Nowhere near as good as other series posted above but passable.

Lol, I nearly posted you a question about Line of Duty the other day, nobs. You see my missus got me to watch series 1-4 with her a couple of weeks ago. We did a huge binge and watched them all in a couple of days. I have to admit that I enjoyed it but I did keep thinking, 'i must ask nobs if this is an accurate portrayal?'
But I decided against doing that cos I thought you might take offence and tell me that I shouldn't believe what I watch on the telly! Honestly, all the police on that show are complete wrong uns! Shirley that aint what it's really like?! You're all supposed to be the 'good guys'. Ha ha, only joking, we all know there are some dodgy coppers out there. But that programme makes it seem that they're all corrupt in one way or another.
Can't help fancying the actress who plays the AC12 woman though, I've had a crush on her since she played the skinhead girl in This is England!
Hahaha, I know what you mean but I suppose a show about an anti corruption unit will have a lot of corrupt coppers. My main point was that the procedural detail and use of jargon etc is very good, to the point where I sometimes wonder if "non job" people will even know what they're on about.
Make sure you watch the lot though as there is a thread that runs through the whole show which seems to be coming to a head in the latest season.......

Or is it? ?

Many great series mentioned but Thrones really is a complete load of fantasy bilge. But not of course if someone says it's a metaphor for Brexit.

The Wire is unique for using many of former gang members and dealers in Baltimore in the cast. The episode when the Idris character is killed is particularly outstanding.

But my absolute favourite drama series is "The Gills" since PS acquired us.

Agree with that last paragraph. I've just binge watched the Sunderland til I die series and all the way through it I kept wondering what a Gills version would be like ?

Sorry, one more. I can highly recommend Man in the high castle on Prime. I get the 30 day free trial every time a new season comes out then watch the lot before I have to pay ??

Watched breaking bad when I was off work in November.... proper good binge .....trying to get into better call saul currently.

Also binged on the last homeland series recently too .... that’s getting more bonkers as it goes on.
Mad men was excellent as was the Wire.

In preparation for the latest line of duty series i also binged the previous four series over one week.

Haven’t seen Game of Thrones so not sure what the fuss is about.

:blah::blah::blah:

GOT best TV show ever while it was covering the books - since it went ahead of them a few seasons ago it became more focused on spectacle and battles, whilst the dialogue and character building noticeably diminished in quality. Still good though and intrigued to see how it will all work out in a few weeks’ time.

Started with Suits.

Onto Jack Bauer

Then Luther which I thought was a good series, enhanced by locations.

Currently watching Blind Spot.

Line of Duty is excellent and nice to hear it doesn't venture far from reality.

The problem with all these shows is how much time they take out of your life. I'm glad I retired. I really don't have time to work.

The best 10 live action tv shows I have ever seen are:

Breaking Bad
Deadwood
True Detective season 1
The Sopranos
Gomorrah
Fargo
Band of Brothers
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul

But The Wire clearly tops the lot. Hence even my user name. A couple of mates and I were obsessed with it circa 2008-9 to a ridiculous level.

Last edited:
Some good calls there, stringer.

The acting in the Wire was excellent; I didn`t appreciate that either Stringer Bell or Jim McNulty were English actors ! They were both so absolutely convincing. I must admit to having put a headset on a few times, in order to appreciate some of the urban language.

My wife and I work our way through what my daughter refers to as "all that Scando shit" on More 4. Great stuff. Borgen for example. Incredible that I was transfixed by 2 series of Danish politics. The MILF lead character helped I must admit.

The best 10 live action tv shows I have ever seen are:

Breaking Bad
Deadwood
True Detective season 1
The Sopranos
Gomorrah
Fargo
Band of Brothers
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul

But The Wire clearly tops the lot. Hence even my user name. A couple of mates and I were obsessed with it circa 2008-9 to a ridiculous level.
Forgotten about Deadwood. Ian McShane was superb.

Forgotten about Deadwood. Ian McShane was superb.
Looking through Sky Atlantic’s selection I was tempted to start that the other day. Ended up starting with the original Twin Peaks series on a recommendation from my dad!:help:He’s currently bingeing on Hornblower and Sea Patrol (one for the Aussies!)

Deadwood will definitely be next.