Box sets that take over your life !!! NG | Vital Football

Box sets that take over your life !!! NG

My daughter lent me the complete Breaking Bad set. It was was a brilliant but lost week of my life and an introduction to binge watching.

Love Homeland and Line of duty (which is very accurate in its procedural content by the way)
The Unabomber and Mindhunters series on Netflix are very good too although not sure if they count as box sets with just one season of each?
Agree with The Sopranos, excellent tv.

"Making a Murderer" took over and dominated my life as I went through it. What an appalling "justice" system. Unbelievably bad procedures conducted by the police that would have seen the case thrown out here even before PACE in 1984.

What's the opposite of binge watching?

It took me and the Mrs eight years to watch The Sopranos all the way through cos' I didn't want it to end, so I'd just stop watching it.

"Making a Murderer" took over and dominated my life as I went through it. What an appalling "justice" system. Unbelievably bad procedures conducted by the police that would have seen the case thrown out here even before PACE in 1984.

Me too. I check on the case daily to see what's happening. The thing is, it could happen to anyone, even in the UK.

Game of thrones for me. Got into it quite late so had to rapidly catch up 3 or 4 seasons.

Decide to rewatch the remake of battlestar gallactica over xmas. 3 or 4 episodes a night for two weeks ?. Great series that.

In no particular order (and I'm sure there are others I've missed):

Billions
The Simpsons
Breaking Bad
The Night Of
The Last Panthers
The Tunnel
Twin Peaks
How I Met Your Mother
Fortitude
Strike Back
West World
Lost
Gold Rush

TLDR: plenty!

Currently watching all of the marvel cinematic universe movies with the aim of watching all circa.20 of them before the new one comes out in a few weeks. Watching them in chronological order - currently through to avengers age of ultron.

Liked some of them. Guardians of the galaxy were a bit cheesy for me. Hoping the avengers:age of ultron gets things back on track.

Not seen that yet, but it sound the same as "An Innocent Man" which is also on Netflix. The most shocking thing about that series is that the guy is still in prison.

Love Homeland and Line of duty (which is very accurate in its procedural content by the way)

Lol, I nearly posted you a question about Line of Duty the other day, nobs. You see my missus got me to watch series 1-4 with her a couple of weeks ago. We did a huge binge and watched them all in a couple of days. I have to admit that I enjoyed it but I did keep thinking, 'i must ask nobs if this is an accurate portrayal?'
But I decided against doing that cos I thought you might take offence and tell me that I shouldn't believe what I watch on the telly! Honestly, all the police on that show are complete wrong uns! Shirley that aint what it's really like?! You're all supposed to be the 'good guys'. Ha ha, only joking, we all know there are some dodgy coppers out there. But that programme makes it seem that they're all corrupt in one way or another.
Can't help fancying the actress who plays the AC12 woman though, I've had a crush on her since she played the skinhead girl in This is England!

Game of Thrones is the first box-set I really properly binged on, having only gotcthe box set around a year ago. Yesterday I got a 2 month Now TV subscription just to get GoT so I’ve now got 2 months to binge on any other Sky Atlantic box sets!