BowburnMag Charity Football Day - 1st June 2013 Thread

poisoned_monkey

Vital Champions League
Keep Saturday 1st June free chaps.

It's the date of the 2nd annual Steve Thompson family fun day.
Once again we have a 7 a side tournament to play and this year we're turning up prepared and with a proper team!
Be good if we could get a few more on here to come along.
everyone who attended last year would tell you what a good day was had by all.

So who's going to play then? Plats,Steeks,Cam? TNMW is manager I think.
I've got 2 or 3 lads who'll definitely play be good if we could get a squad of 10 though

Im up for manager, i dont mind playing either as last year I was carrying an injury plus was massively 'unfit'

The only beer ive drunk has been pre match in the last 6 weeks or so, so ive cut down a bit and can continue it to get in shape if there's a target to aim for.

Regardless, im in again. Be good to get some new faces to old names, even if they just turn up to support.

poisoned_monkey

Vital Champions League
I'm playing 5 a side on a Thursday night now so have some decent players I can ask if we're struggling.
Be good to get a full team from here though

steekiebrown

Vital Champions League
I'm in. Playing today for the first time since breaking my ankle at xmas. We have to get a team up this year, with boots and everything!

It was an excellent effort from Steeks to drive up from London to play last year, so very few have a decent excuse not to. Unless you're physically unable or are abroad somewhere.

The unseasonable drizzly type rain last time was a godsend, odds on this time it'll be a scorcher.

poisoned_monkey

Vital Champions League
Aye we need boots,new strips,players & a goalkeeper...

Spoke to rooky who arranged it all last year,same venue at heaton stannington,same teams as last year.we have some payback to give out.
£50 entry fee.

Regardless of the football side of things it was such a good laugh just sharing stories about BBM with friends and his family.
And there was some cracking raffle prizes

poisoned_monkey - 10/3/2013 11:38

Regardless of the football side of things it was such a good laugh just sharing stories about BBM with friends and his family.
Aye. We won a bottle of decent champagne which was personally delivered to us by BBM's dad.

That visit was an excellent touch including the many stories we shared with pure emotion getting him through it.

Those who knew BBM on here but didn't meet him (like me) cant fail to get enthralled by the amount of people who go to this thing and we have a duty really as we were his 'home'

steekiebrown

Vital Champions League
poisoned_monkey - 10/3/2013 11:38

Aye we need boots,new strips,players & a goalkeeper...

Spoke to rooky who arranged it all last year,same venue at heaton stannington,same teams as last year.we have some payback to give out.
£50 entry fee.

We do need to claw back some dignity. That's it. I've just flicked on to 'Rocky Mode' I'm off the drink and stuff.

OldLeazes

Vital Football Hero
I'll play a 20 minute cameo if necessary.

I've bragged on here enough about how good I am, time to let you see what a 49 year old OL looks like with a ball at his feet.

Will I need a pair of boots or can I play in my trainers? I don't even own a pair of boots these days.

Still a magnificent footballer though, it will be a treat for all of you just so you can tell people you've seen me play. Anyone lucky enough to perform alongside me will never forget it.

OldLeazes

Vital Football Hero
I'm touching 16 stone now mate.

I cannot be knocked off the ball.

Add that to my undoubted skill and you are looking at a player in the mould of Jan Molby.

steekiebrown

Vital Champions League
Don't worry lads. I did a step over today, didn't even fall over. I also scored in the training match. We'll be mustard this year.
I think we should get an all white strip. Dress like champions and we will be champions.