Bournemouth post-match | Vital Football

Bournemouth post-match

Hello all,

Hope you don't mind an honorary post from a Cherries fan, but I just wanted to share something with the group...

After last Tuesday's game, we arrived back at my wife's car (parked in the Sovereign Centre car park in Boscombe) to find she had a fully-flat tyre (we're not sure where from but they've been wearing for a while!)

Two Canaries fans were parked next to us, had spotted our tyre, waited for us to return to our car and then reinflated it for us with an electric pump they had with them, all whilst delaying their own journey home in the process.

I'm sorry that we didn't catch your names (and not sure if you even frequent this board) but nonetheless, another massive thank you for your kindness in helping us out on Tuesday. We really appreciated it, and hope you had a pleasant journey back home. This kind of camaraderie makes football a truly beautiful game... :)

As for the match itself, very unlucky not to take the game to penalties with at least two strikes of the woodwork and countless other chances, especially towards the end of the second half. We were nervous at least...

All the very best for the season ahead!

A heart warming tale. I’ve tweeted your post on our Twitter feed to see if we can pass on your thanks, Adam.

Some years ago , when a certain Paul Lambert was the best thing since sliced bread, Mrs Rex and I were in Leeds making our way to a glorious victory and we got lost.

Wearing our yellow and green, we were surrounded by Leeds fans.:eek!:eek:ne of them approached us and asked if we were going to the match. Ignoring the fact that wandering about Leeds in Norwich city colours could be for any other purpose, we responded in the affirmative.

"Follow me," he said, "I'll show you a short cut."

Fully expecting to be on the next morning news as mysterious bloody corpses, we took our lives in our hand and followed...

He lead us safely to our end of the stand and wished us luck, saying,"I think you'll need it Howson and Snodgrass are playing."

I can't remember the result.:rotfl:

Just goes to show most fans are great.