Bostwick Appeal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bostwick Appeal

What we didn't know about the Billy Knott red card was that there is no requirement for intent where the boot is raised; in other words, it is an automatic red card even if you had no idea the other player was there.

Which is crackers beyond measure. Just another example of FIFA's apparent campaign to make football a non-contact sport.

I guess they're trying to stop players from getting kicked in the head, which is fair enough in my view.

doesn't look like the lino even flagged, so when did he form his opinion of it being a foul?

I hadn't noticed that originally, but it looks like you are right - he didn't flag that I can see. So what did the ref speak to the linesman about? If the linesman didn't see anything wrong, why did the ref still send Bostwick off? Yet another reason why the whole incident is ludicrous.

Surely the FA have to announce a successful appeal though - Coventry have to know who is eligible. Personally on the basis of the FA site still showing a suspension I'm inclined to think no news is bad news.

Fingers crossed as I’ve reviewed the iFollow footage a couple of times and wouldn’t have been surprised if no card was given. A straight red looks ridiculous. The ref had a clear line of sight of the event but chose to listen to the Echo lino. They got it wrong.
Not the first time the lino on that side has docked us.
The York trophy semi final last season the ref signalled no penalty but the lino who had a worse view than the ref got him to change his mind.

If this doesn’t get overturned I’ll start to believe why bother in the future other than for cases of mistaken identity

Part of me wonders whether Gary is trying to spread false news (with the right intentions). I'm not sure he'd break this news unofficially.

the fa website says

Michael Bostwick Lincoln City 21.04.2018 - 24.04.2018 1 match. If that date 24th is inclusive, then Bostwick can't play tonight.

Nothing from the club yet, although Rob Makepeace reckoned DC and NC wouldn't say until the team is announced at 6.45pm tonight.