Bossie v the Beast | Vital Football

Bossie v the Beast

R

redimps1

Cant wait to see the contest between Bostwick and Akinfenwa tomorrow night.It should be a classic!

OMG, I had forgotten that aspect! Clash Of The Titans, anyone? :lol::lol: My money is on Bozzie every time. Just cos he hasn't punted someone into the back row of the Stacey West yet doesn't mean he isn't going to.....

He's isn't that tall its just the physical presence of the guy that's the problem!
Like Rheady - you have to be able to jump vertically and horizontally simultaneously to get near the ball. If he holds it up you would be cream crackered by the time you tried to get round him. A classic case of stop the delivery when he is in goal scoring positions and pick up the knock downs when he has dropped deeper. We don't normally hold a very high line and I will be interested to see where we draw that line tomorrow to try and keep him in areas where he is less effective. I guess it will depend on the pace of his support players.

He gave Raggett a real physical test in the opening game. Is Bossie stronger than him do we reckon?

May be wrong, but I get the feeling that Akinfenwa is just the sort of challenge Bozzie thrives on. Expect some blood-curdling tackling tomorrow....

He gave Raggett a real physical test in the opening game. Is Bossie stronger than him do we reckon?

Ragett played him well in that game despite the battering he got. Raggs was winning virtually every header but Akinfenwa just kept running into him with little attempt to win the ball. Got away with a hell of a lot. I don't think Raggs could believe it and was getting very frustrated. Maybe even got booked for dissent if I remember correctly.

Ragett played him well in that game despite the battering he got. Raggs was winning virtually every header but Akinfenwa just kept running into him with little attempt to win the ball. Got away with a hell of a lot. I don't think Raggs could believe it and was getting very frustrated. Maybe even got booked for dissent if I remember correctly.

There were a couple of instances where Akinfenwa just gave up jumping for the ball and resorted to simply pushing Sean like he was blocking his way into a bus or train, remarkably the ref thought this was fine...

When I used to bang on about Beasts & Monsters little did I know that the absolute archetype would one day play for us.