Borussia Monchengladbach-Manchester City Champions League Last 16 Game One Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Borussia Monchengladbach-Manchester City Champions League Last 16 Game One Post Match Thread

Sky Player ratings
Man City:
Ederson (7), Walker (7), Dias (8), Laporte (7), Cancelo (9), Rodrigo (7), Gundogan (7), Bernardo (8), Sterling (7), Foden, (7) Jesus (7)

Subs: Mahrez (7), Torres (6), Aguero (6),

Man of the match: Joao Cancelo

22:19
'We have to be braver in the second leg'
Borussia Monchengladbach 0-2 Manchester City

Gladbach midfielder Florian Neuhaus, speaking to DAZN (via Uefa website): “We wanted to be courageous with our limited chances and I felt we did that well at times.

"City played with a very high line and if we’d been better with the final ball in behind, there might have been more in it for us. We have to be braver in the second leg.

“Manchester City were really good in possession, which meant we did a lot of running tonight. We had the odd chance in transition here and there but didn’t execute them cleanly.”
Yes, be brave and we will play through you. All you need is 3 goals without us scoring, well good luck with that.

19 and counting. :thumbup:

Cancelo getting the praise & rightly so - he is in a fine run of form. Another rubbish signing by MCFC........:whist:

BMG had four opportunities last night, only one of which was clear cut, shown at the end of the above highlights - two of the others weren't.

It's stating the obvious, but to beat City you need to take your chances, and have the self belief to do so.
It struck me last night that BMG, like the vast majority of the PL, didn't have the latter, and I believe this is a factor, as it was with the Centurions, in our progress this season.

A point to consider for West Ham on Saturday.