Borough Market attack | Vital Football

Borough Market attack

mehmets_curlies

Vital Squad Member
Have you all seen the video of the off duty copper, a couple of on duty and the 2 bakers confronting the 3 attackers? Putting all politics to one side, how brave where they? Utmost respect to them. Unbelievable bravery. It shows that there are still good people in the world, despite all the crap goimg on, atm. Not sure I could have done it.

Yes I have, incredible bravery.

The attacks happened a short walk from my home and in a place where I spend a decent amount of time so resonated with me even more than previous attacks.

The way that the off duty coppers, bakers, on duty emergency services and community as whole responded makes me proud to be a (adopted) Londoner.

Incredibly brave. I honestly don't know how I would react but like to think I'd put up a fight .

Did you read that the Millwall fan who took on the attackers and was slashed for his trouble was denied compensation from the Criminal compensation fund because he had previous convictions.

That doesn't sit right with me, even if he is Millwall.

Incredibly brave. I honestly don't know how I would react but like to think I'd put up a fight .

Did you read that the Millwall fan who took on the attackers and was slashed for his trouble was denied compensation from the Criminal compensation fund because he had previous convictions.

That doesn't sit right with me, even if he is Millwall.
I agree. Seems pedantic beyond belief. I am sure they could have found a way around it.

Yes I have, incredible bravery.

The attacks happened a short walk from my home and in a place where I spend a decent amount of time so resonated with me even more than previous attacks.

The way that the off duty coppers, bakers, on duty emergency services and community as whole responded makes me proud to be a (adopted) Londoner.
The 2 bakers' response was surreal.

I haven't seen the video , but can only imagine their courage.
Another terrorist found guilty today , driving into crowds in London.

Shotshy , the fella you refer to has been placed on the Prevent scheme , after remarks he has since made about Muslims.

Agreed. There are a lot of degrees of bravery I can not even comprehend.

Lads lying about their age during the two great wars because the WANTED to fight on the front line.

Others being invalided out and then volunteering to go back after they had been stitched back together.

The guys on that 9/11 plane that took on the terrorists and brought down that plane in a field in order to save lives in the ground.

I am convinced that I am too soft and cowardly to do any of that.

Appreciate what you have got, guys. Money doesn't buy what most of us have.

Agreed above .I have always said that almost nobody truly knows what they would do faced with a situation like that.That's why I get really pissed off when some say they would have done this or that.So glad most on here seem to agree with me.Fair play to those who actually did it with no thought of personal safety. They deserve something for their trouble even the Wall fan.

Well done to the police officers who faced up to the murdering terrorists. Notwithstanding that it`s their duty to walk toward danger it`s nice when the media point some praise in their direction. Huge well done to the members of the public who bravely supported their police that night.

The Millwall fan is called Roy Larner, quite obviously he's no saint but each individual incident should be treated separately. It's completely right to punish him for his wrongdoings but it's only fair to praise him for his bravery. If any of us were in that boozer with our families and he fought the terrorists off then we would owe him everything. He's been made an example of imo as he has previous and he's Millwall, I think it's piss poor.

I haven't seen the video , but can only imagine their courage.
Another terrorist found guilty today , driving into crowds in London.

Shotshy , the fella you refer to has been placed on the Prevent scheme , after remarks he has since made about Muslims.
Oh no, not more lies from the national media?