'Boro' | Vital Football

'Boro'

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
Banker home if the hapless one decides to have a go at them.
A winger, two strikers, no Jacobs, no Lowe, no Massey, no Evans.
Come on Cooky show us your intent and play the Wigan way. No Joycey stuff.

What is Naismith doing at left back when we have Tom Pierce poor lads not even on bench.Seems like he will never learn.
I will concede it's a more attacking line up though.

Jacobs, Lowe and Massey all played a part tonight and all did nowt. Pilks hopefully should improve.
Pray we just go for a midfield with Morsy Williams Geldhart and possibly Pilks with Moore and Garner up top consitently playing together untill the end of the season. We may just have an hope of saving the season that Cook has monumentally cocked up with support from The Gameboy in his soundproof ivory tower.

What is Naismith doing at left back when we have Tom Pierce poor lads not even on bench.Seems like he will never learn.
I will concede it's a more attacking line up though.
Naismith redeemed himself somewhat over the Christmas and January period. But tonight he was so far off the pace.

I kinda feel sorry for him as he’s asked to play so many positions. It’s difficult to keep track.

Maybe if he was played in position on the left wing it would help. It would certainly help the side as nobody as come up to scratch in that position for a long time.
Pearce at left back and not a wing back and Kal as a winger may help both players too.

Not sure about Pearce, could he have picked up a knock against Preston. Would certainly answer the question of why he and not Naismith came off on Saturday and why he hadn't made the bench yesterday.

If he was fit I would have been tempted to use him as left back and Naismith in place of Jacobs on the left last night.

I know some people are questioning Dunkley's inclusion last night but in my opinion it was probably a decent call to try and keep Assombalonga quiet. Next game we will probably see Kipre and Balogun given the starting berths at centre back and so if Pearce or Robinson are fit I would again say start Naismith on the left, Pilkington right with Gelhardt and Moore in the number 9 & 10 positions.

Got a bit of info last night regarding Jedi, apparently the balls up with the AC MIlan move upset the lad and sent his head west, the club give him a bit of time out, all being well he should be back for Cardiff on Saturday.

Wouldn't have made much difference if he played or not in these last two games. He can run like a whippet down the wing but he is just as poor as any other defender when it comes to delivering a decent cross.
What we need to do is get back to basics by scrapping wing backs and introducing at least one of the attacking midfield as an out and out winger. Other than two strikers that is the biggest thing I miss about the game.
These wing backs just don't cut it for us. The odd run up field ok but relying on them as the main source of crosses into the box please it's just about time to give up on them. It's failed miserably.
Imagine Robinson's pace out of defence overlapping with a speedy winger.

Wouldn't have made much difference if he played or not in these last two games. He can run like a whippet down the wing but he is just as poor as any other defender when it comes to delivering a decent cross.
What we need to do is get back to basics by scrapping wing backs and introducing at least one of the attacking midfield as an out and out winger. Other than two strikers that is the biggest thing I miss about the game.
These wing backs just don't cut it for us. The odd run up field ok but relying on them as the main source of crosses into the box please it's just about time to give up on them. It's failed miserably.
Imagine Robinson's pace out of defence overlapping with a speedy winger.

I'm not disagreeing with you Jeff, but have you seen any of the comments from the Middlesbrough fans after the game against us. They are saying exactly the opposite to what you are suggesting, they want Woodgate to return to wing backs as his experiment with wingers is seen as a failure in their eyes.

Just goes to show that we all see things differently and how difficult it is for a manager to please all the fans all the time.