Boro report | Vital Football

Boro report

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
After the opening 10 minutes in which we passed our way through them, they got onto the same page as us and put their MF numerical advantage to good use. That left us with little option but to play the long ball game and our midget front 5 is no match for a typical Pulis 6 foot 3 defence/MF. That was how they started to play better and keep us under pressure.

I will now contradict myself a bit..... Holmes, another midget, should have replaced Wilson in a like for like change. He was fresh, tricky and unknown to Boro. Boro's lucky (the ball went in off Hugill's shoulder) equaliser started with Hudds losing the ball 25 yards from their goal..... two men on him and he never had the ball under control.

Nuge will be kicking himself for that late miss as will their player for the header straight at Carson for which I was very grateful.

Over the 90 a draw was a reasonable result with each team managing a meagre 2 shots on target. Not a lot from 2 sides hoping to make the playoffs or better.

The ref? Better than many we have had this season but still too many mistakes with the biggest being the decision not to red card Saville.

Wisdom had a very good game at LB and his series of crosses proved those saying he hasn't got a left foot wrong. Maybe having a proper LB on the bench was part of the reasoning........

Finally a word on Jozefzoon. I have been very critical of his last 3 appearances. This was much nearer the level he should be showing. Keep on improving lad.

Latest Rams News