Boro Fan Comments | Vital Football

Boro Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Sorry for being pedantic, but can you remove an 'R' from Forrest in the thread name, its the equivalent of people calling us Middlesborough ha.

Birmingham brought 1100 and they are bottom half team further away from the Riverside - if Forest bring around that figure that is shocking for a team with 21k season ticket holders and consider itself well supported. I was expecting around 1700 to 1800 from Forest.

Just for your info... There is no such thing as time wasting when we have the lead. It’s called seeing the game out. It demonstrates our professionalism and discipline.
However...Other teams do time waste when they are winning against us and it’s a deplorable and pathetic aspect of their cheating gamesmanship.

Awful.. second best.

We are a horrible horrible footballing team. What a weird bloody season this is, possibly sitting top after this game but arguably the worst football I can ever remember watching from us. No exciting players, hardly any quality and negative set ups.

Forest is no good in the air.

The last clash of Pulis and Karanka resulted in the most boring football game I ever witnessed seemingly this is part 2.

Boro behind after a mistake by Ayala gives Lolley the ball.

Over recent performances this has been coming especially at home where we often seem to be the away team, if we do not score first then life becomes so much harder.

Aitor must be extremely pleased with his team at the moment.

Seriously, what the actual *** is Saville thinking showing Joe Lolley on his strong foot?

Utterly deserved. Another awful day for the manager that he will gloss over with excuses. Great way to go into a two week break. Thanks Tony.

Just f#ck off Pulis.

Robinson sent off for 2 yellow cards. One for kicking the ball away, one for the most theatrical dive you'll ever see.

Red card for Forest .. Silly diving ..

Tell you what. There has been some utterly dreadful individual performances today, particularly in the 2nd half. Take Downing out of that equation. He's been outstanding today. Nothing more we could ask from him.

Probably why their leftback got himself sent off.

I know keepers get a lot of protection. Sometimes I agree with it. There I absolutely don't. Pantilimon knows he's getting the free kick so doesn't even bother trying to jump for the ball.

AK has outdone Pulis today.

Where to start? Not a great deal between the sides in the first half, Forest probably just edging it in a fairly lacklustre half of football.

I thought the new Doctor Who was meant to be a woman this time round? Joe Lolley had all of Time and Space to explore and with both goals. Give him credit where it's due, his strike was really good. But we didn't seem that bothered that he was going to have a go. Which makes the 2nd goal all the more baffling when he's out wide and Saville shows him onto his left foot and sends the ball exactly where Grabban needs it to go, never mind the fact our defenders didn't seem to care where Grabban was.

We got Karanka'd today. Forest played a really good passing game. They pressed really well and didn't give us time on the ball.

We never looked like scoring. Even when britt was through one on one he didn't look confident.

Didn't deserve anything today, Forest were the better side from the off, they were the better side 1st half and a little bit more quality in the final third and they would have led at half time.

We lost the midfield battle.

I was saying something similar to my mates in the ground today, I thought we looked very lethargic. Forest looked quicker to everything and far more fresh.

Pulis can only blame himself for that though, like you say we've got a big enough squad to freshen things up. I wonder how many changes Karanka made today?

The other thing that you can't overlook today was that Karanka seemed to win the tactical battle. They worked really hard to press us and pushed their full backs right up the pitch to prevent us having any space wide.

Forest also have a bit of pace and players who can carry the ball, no of which we seem to have.

Credit has to go to Forest today. They are the only team to come to the Riverside in a while who has attacked us.

Fair play to Forest, they came and didn’t let us play.

Forest totally outplayed us. They played good attractive free flowing football. Brave given our record. They kept rattling Ayala all game. AK really did a good job on that.

That performance was no worse than our last home game against swansea where we looked equally inept. The difference today was the quality of the opposition. They were head and shoulders above us and would beat us more often than we would beat them if we lined up like that against them.

Joe Lolley stood out every time I’ve seen Forest this season. Good player, exactly what we need out wide. Scored a belter and generally tortured Shotton who had a stinker today. Dunno what Forest paid for him in the summer but he is the type of player we could and should have been in for.

He was summat else wasn't he!

I kept asking bloke next to me "who is that guy?"! He didn't know either!

Agreed Lolley was a constant threat but it was Colback and Watson who bossed the game.

They have some very good footballers in wide areas, Lolley and Dias are superb. Certainly made the difference between the two sides really evident.

If you give Karanka quality attacking players he will always create a good side.

I thought Aitor set his side up well today, they got at Boro from the start and played an attacking game.

Excellent coach
Good Championship manager
Awful Premier League manager

Deserved to win today, did a job on us.

Aitor did well today, Watson and Colback bossed the midfield. Totally out of his depth in the Premier League. Worst season I've ever experienced as Boro fan in 40 years!

Only 1400 from forest, was expecting more to be honest.

Made a bit of noise to be fair. I agree though would expect 2,000 plus.

Thats by far and away the most I've seen forest bring up here. They brought about half that number up here last season.

They were all at the Goose Fair (like myself) so does my unused Season Card from today count towards the attendance given I didn't use it?

Yes.

think similar. Few players think they are better than they are. Karanka got his tactics spot on by putting us under pressure from the off. Too many teams come here and sit back giving us the space to look better than we probably are. Think the whole defence was poor. Honestly don’t see what Flint has to offer. Big lump that gives too many free kicks away and is a dreadful footballer. Might be a big unit but a poor footballer.

32 crosses we put in today over 50% by SD.

Joe Lolley just the type of player we need. I think he only cost a few mil from Huddersfield. He would totally revolutionise the way we play. A ball carrier with excellent delivery and an eye for a goal as we all saw.

Excellent player , exactly the type we could do with..

Looks like a premier league player already. I think forrest will struggle to keep hold of him.

The atmosphere was flat - Forest fans apart.

I quite like Pulis’s basic “square pegs” approach but the team was made to look amateurish at home against a side with more flair and attacking intent.

lolley had the game of his life, coupled with Shotton having a stinker.....lolley = never played that well before, won't play that well again a bit like lee tomlin @ man city in the cup. 9 out of 10 that game, 7 out of 10 every other game.

Well I have to disagree there - I’ve watched Forest a few times this season and he’s stood out every time. The Forest fans love him and were singing his name even before scored, and he’s nothing like Tomlin as he’s a winger with pace. We need a left sided player and he would have been perfect at a very reasonable price.

I've not seen us taken apart like that since Wolves at home last season.

If Forest play like that every week they will go up as champions.
If we play like that every week we will get relegated.
Don't think either will happen.

Great thread. The last two games really epitomise the Championship.

On Wednesday, Millwall closed us down aggressively, not allowing Forest to play their preferred passing football. Then they hit crosses in long knowing that's our weakness. Their energy and tactics were spot on, for them. It was effective. We were not able to play the way we like to play and, although we still scored two good goals, we ended up lucky to get a point. Millwall imposed their tactics on us and we were poor.

Yesterday, we did a similar job on Middlesboro'. This time, an effective passing game paid dividends over a more direct team. If AK failed to get it right on Wednesday, he certainly made amends yesterday. Credit to Lolley, who is looking like a great signing. Also well done to the much criticised Watson and Darikwa for the way they played.

These are the ups and downs of the Championship. We should know that by now. Give AK at least a season. If, overall, we win more than we lose and end up challenging for the top 6, we'll all be happy.

Cheers for that CP, always good when the opponents give us credit and eulogise over our players.

Never understood why Gibson went for Pulis. I know he wants promotion but he had usually gone for managers who try to play football.

"I kept asking bloke next to me "who is that guy?"! He didn't know either!"

:-) I fcuking love that.

"Who is that guy?"
"Don't know mate!"

"Who is that guy running our defense ragged??"
"Dunno mate!"

"Who is that guy?"
"Still don't know..."

"Who's that guy? He just scored look!"
"Yeah I saw"
"Did you see that? He just scored, who is that guy?"
"Yes I saw it, I don't know who he is"

"Who is that guy? that's what I'm wondering!"
"Yes I know you are"

"Who is that winger guy?"
"Not sure..."

"Who is that Forest left winger guy?" Do you know?
"I don't know! I still don't fucking know, alright?"

"I'm wondering who that guy is, do you know what his name is? He just set that one up now look"
"NO I DO NOT! FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

"Wow, who is this guy? Plays like Messi don't you think eh? Do you know who he is?"
"Look here's me fucking program, have it and leave me alone, ok?"

"Hey Mate? Do you know who that guy is?
"Oi steward, can I move to the West stand please?"

"Who is that guy? ...where did that bloke go? Funny he was here a minute ago, I was just asking him who that guy is, do you know?
No? You know what? I can't wait to get home and tell the lads on the forum about this!"

Last edited: