Boris Bans Sweets | Vital Football

Boris Bans Sweets

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Interesting one this. The British Government has banned supermarkets from selling unhealthy snacks at checkouts. It's part of a series of new restrictions to fight obesity in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...banned-from-checkouts-supermarkets-in-england

Is the government overstepping its authority in telling people what to eat? Are the great British public so unable to resist unhealthy food that the government has to step it?

If this doesn't work, are the calorie police going to start kicking in doors to make sure people are eating their kale?

About time he did something to stop all these women and their chocolate addictions, could save me serious money if we ever go in a shop again

as I was typing my phone buzzed it was an advert from Mcdonalds! Now those should be banned

99p mc muffin, I'm really going to drive two miles in the snow for that bargain but I have eggs and bacon in the fridge

Good idea, they’re impulse buys for the majority of people or pester power.

Might even be easier for adults who haven’t got the balls to say no to their kids?

If you really want sweets, then you have to walk to aisle 17 to get them and that long walk might put people off.

And not to come in until Aril 2022? If they are going to do it, do it fucking NOW! FFS. Like announcing the covid restrictions will come in "on Friday" or whenever - just fucking get on with it.

Such an intervention is not really in keeping with Tory principles.

I think Boris is just trying to put his name on something, as he did “Boris bikes” or the “Boris Garden bridge” (which was an expensive failure) which is seen as progressive.

It is a good idea, it’s just nothing to do with Boris. There have no doubt been papers published on this topic and many a think tank involved with discussions on it. I’m pretty sure the supermarkets were talking about this when I was working for one of them and that was years ago.

Boris is sniffing something progressive with this along with renewable energy. This stuff hasn’t grown legs overnights, it’s been in the pipeline long before Boris.

He has a tarnished reputation so he needs a few good things to put his name to.