Boreham Wood | Vital Football

Boreham Wood

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Saw DC's pre match interview on You Tube and was impressed by his knowledge of Boreham Wood's players etc. I still think they will be too street wise for us, particularly as we are at home. I am not anticipating getting anything from the game.

Like you Alf2, I don't have any expectations going into today's match.
Looking at Boreham Woods form I'm hoping we can manage a draw, probably goalless.

Just given up trying to watch the live stream, pixelated for first 25 minutes then buffering to the extent that action was 10 minutes behind real time!
Anyway, Boreham Woods are ahead - looked like 2 were offside to me - and Pools don't look like being able to create anything worthwhile.

A predictable result, lost 2 1, for me Pools again lack physicality and urgency.
I'm not saying that the players aren't decent footballers, just that they are easily dominated and are happy, when in possession, to play within their comfort zone ( that is to play across the pitch rather than forward).

Tuesday night's match is now taking on greater significance, another loss and I can see Mr Singh concluding that it is time for action!!!!

Well the only cause for celebration is the fact we actually scored a goal at the Vic though of course the defeat was as as expected.
On the subject of physicality and urgency, I watched the highlights on You Tube of Weymouth v Torquay. Torquay were full of energy and urgency and were good value for their 2-1 win after going a goal down. I couldn't help but contrast the way the top of league team play compared to the slow motion turgid way Pools play. This is the Pools who have aspirations towards promotion. It is beyond a joke.

Listened to DC's post match interview
- apparent he was disappointed with some of the performances of his players
- why does he feel it necessary to change our way of playing to counter the opposition ? Surely, he had a plan of how his team was going to lineup at the start of the season, or are we back to trying to redefine players roles (square pegs / round holes)
- the whole situation is reminiscent of his predecessors!

Apparently he is hoping to bring in a new forward ahead of Tuesday's match, presumably Parkhouse has gone back to Sheff Utd, which is positive on one level but doesn't say much about the other strikers he signed in the summer!

No mention of Parkhouse so I dont really know. I agree, he is a waste of space but if we have agreed to have him on loan for the season, I wonder if we are allowed just to send him back. This new signing Armstrong could be just what we need if he can reproduce the form he showed when he was with Gateshead.