Boreham Wood | Vital Football

Boreham Wood

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
A must win game if Pools are to be considered genuine Playoff contenders?

I'd settle for a drab one nil Pools victory - but this is Pools and....... well!

Yep hoping for a win, don't care what the score is a long as we get the three points. Maybe this is the kind of fixture in which Dave Challinor's National League nous could be invaluable. Hoping for no Kamikazi goal keeping.

Not the desired result but, perhaps, typical of Pools.

I didn't manage to get to today's game, so can't comment on the performance. However, if Pools are to have a push towards the Playoff places they need to be winning games against the likes of Boreham Wood.
Tuesday night's game is now a must win. Chesterfield we can only hope don't sack their manager beforehand.

I was hoping for a win today so, serves me right. The reports suggest we were poor until the last half hour. Dunno, I guess Challinor needs time sort them out. We do seem better suited to play counter attacking football which is why we are decent away from home. I guess now I've put the mockers on us for Tuesday!

Watched the highlights, struck me that BW were the sort of big, physical, robust team that Pools always struggle against. The main changing point was the penalty award, which from the highlights was exceedingly soft.
Still the lads stuck in and got an unlikely point from 2 down - thanks to an equally soft penalty award.

I couldn't help noticing how poor Kitchen was and how easily they got behind us. On another day we could have 3 or 4 down before the system change. Early days for the new manager so I wont be moaning though the faults in the team are obvious.

Canny fight back though and, only seen highlights but Donaldson looks as though he is making surging runs through the centre and opening up teams or at least Boreham Wood.
Too many draws but three or four wins on the bounce and we’re very much amongst it.
:red: