Boreham Wood FC chairman | Vital Football

Boreham Wood FC chairman

They have made big efforts to develop the infrastructure there, using the money from the Arsenal connection. Unfortunately, the one thing no club can do is conjure support out of thin air. They are right in the midst of Premier League territory, with Watford (9 miles) Spurs (12 miles) and Arsenal (12 miles) on their doorstep. Both Spurs and Arsenal have greatly increased their capacities in recent years with new stadia, increasing the supporter drain on the area. Added to which, the town only has a 30,000 population and many of those are there for London commuter purposes. I am not sure what they are expecting, really.

It would help if they didn't charge so much admission fee, when we went there I reckon it was £23 to get in? They even charged Radio Lincolnshire to get in! My nephew lives nearby and was going to take his son until he saw the prices, he was down last week and went in the legends lounge amongst the rich gits ?

It would help if they didn't charge so much admission fee, when we went there I reckon it was £23 to get in? They even charged Radio Lincolnshire to get in! My nephew lives nearby and was going to take his son until he saw the prices, he was down last week and went in the legends lounge amongst the rich gits ?
Do they do that for local journalists as well? The one group of people who can reach out and communicate how good a club is to thousands of people and they are deliberately annoying them!

Do they do that for local journalists as well? The one group of people who can reach out and communicate how good a club is to thousands of people and they are deliberately annoying them!
They apparently charge all media, including their own!

As GB says above, they're not known for being a welcoming club. I mean, they charge for most things. The only thing that seems to have escaped it is the toilets...

He seems to be a bit confused. He's disappointed with the support - yet he's having a go at the supporters who are contributing. He should concentrate on finding new support. Difficult ,I know, where they are situated.