Boreham game | Vital Football

Boreham game

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well they beat us at the Vic earlier in the season but recently they keep drawing. I think they have drawn their last seven games. They are not winning much but they are tough to beat, even Sutton had to settle for a 0-0 with them last time out. If we play well we could get a draw but if we are not "at it" they have enough physicality to tear us a new one. I will be pleased with 0-0 or a 1-1.

Like you Alf2, I'd be content with a draw. It will be interesting to see how DC sets up the team, I anticipate that he'll probably go for a more defensive midfield formation with either Shelton or Holohan benched in favour of White.

Elsewhere in the League there are some interesting match ups today.

Last edited:
According to the Mail, Pools are unchanged from Friday, so it appears DC thinks that set up can cause Boreham problems. There is no way Holohan misses out if he is fit, there is only him and Oates looking likely to score at the moment. I wonder if Gus Mafuta will grab his third goal against us? As for the other games I don't expect Solihull we be much of an obstacle to Sutton and Stockport and Notts County have winnable games. I must admit Wrexham Torquay looks interesting.

A draw was a good result considering we spent the majority of the game with a forward in goal. In the second half we didn't allow them a single shot on target. What a shame we didn't do that in the first half. Still, we said a draw would be a good result and that is what we got in the end. Pools showing good resilience which is very pleasing.

Big game next Saturday, possibly season defining?
Yes "season defining" is an apt description. If we lose, the bottom half of the play offs seems likely which makes things all the more difficult. I saw the goals from yesterday's game on BT Sport and the goals we let in were a disgrace. If we defend like that on Saturday, Notts County will be out of sight by half time. I know it it has been a long hard season but there is no excuse for defending like that. Shocking.