Books you're reading... and should read. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Books you're reading... and should read.

Endurance by Alfred Lansing regarding Earnest Shackleton’s Antarctic expedition and being stranded on the ice.
&
Shackleton’s Way by Margot Morrell & Stephanie Capparell analysing leadership lessons.

Both good books as is Steven Peters the Chimp Paradox.

I've just finished Bolton's 'The Room where it Happened'

Honestly if anyone was interested in the contents, unless you are a person who studies American politics in depth I wouldn't bother. Nothing revelatory in it that hasn't been subject of a sound bite in the media. It's not especially well written either with his constant use of brackets and clear self importance.

I've just finished Bolton's 'The Room where it Happened'

Honestly if anyone was interested in the contents, unless you are a person who studies American politics in depth I wouldn't bother. Nothing revelatory in it that hasn't been subject of a sound bite in the media. It's not especially well written either with his constant use of brackets and clear self importance.

Agreed, Woodward's book is much better and more cogently written and researched.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fear-Trump-White-Bob-Woodward/dp/1471181294

There's two books I'd recommend, The Diceman by Luke Rhinehart or The First Casualty by Ben Elton. If you want a laugh try A Short History Of Tractors In The Ukraine, can't remember who wrote it sorry.

And if you really want to frighten yourself at the incompetence and venality of Trumps administration you should read "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis

Thanks. I'm honestly just at the stage of constantly shaking my head over it. My copy of the Boltons book was sent to me by someone across the pond who detests him and I'll refer that book for their attention as well