Book reading. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Book reading.

This is a bloke I worked with at Wath Main. He used to say “ I was up to the neck in shit and bullets for your young uns’ and all I came home with was the suit I was wearing. He was back down the pit a couple of weeks after getting home. Loved the man! His son made it as a pro and was a goal scoring machine. Another bloke that worked at our pit was captured in Singapore and was sent to work on the infamous Death Railway. He told me he was 12 and a half stone when he was captured and when they were set free he was 7 and a half and said he was one of the lucky ones. 🤭

This is a bloke I worked with at Wath Main. He used to say “ I was up to the neck in shit and bullets for your young uns’ and all I came home with was the suit I was wearing. He was back down the pit a couple of weeks after getting home. Loved the man! His son made it as a pro and was a goal scoring machine. Another bloke that worked at our pit was captured in Singapore and was sent to work on the infamous Death Railway. He told me he was 12 and a half stone when he was captured and when they were set free he was 7 and a half and said he was one of the lucky ones. 🤭
Chuffin hell buddy they were awful,harrowin times wern't they.What was the name of the goal scoring machine? I have so much respect for that generation,absolutely amazin.UTMPB

Chuffin hell buddy they were awful,harrowin times wern't they.What was the name of the goal scoring machine? I have so much respect for that generation,absolutely amazin.UTMPB
Peter Kitchen!!! Donny Leyton Orient. The orient fans loved him. I worked in a stable hole with his dad Harry for a couple of years and at that time Peter was scoring goals for fun in the youth leagues.