Bolton | Page 12 | Vital Football

Bolton

Kick them out.

Simple.

Whilst they're holding up their end of the bargain and putting out teams to play matches then I'm all for trying to help them out however the EFL can with the right repercussions (i.e. points deduction). Now they're not.

Goodbye. A shame for the fans and everyone who has been associated with the club but it's not good enough. As many on here have pointed out, there's a domino effect.

I am in total agreement, but who wants to put their head above the parapet and be seen as the big bad wolf who put the final nail in the coffin of 2 historic clubs. Accy went for £8000 in the early 60's approx £140k today. Bolton owe circa £200m and are pulling the strings at EFL HQ while pissing off the other 22 clubs and their fans. The EFL should be insisting they fulfill the fixture.
Accrington's football debt was small, meaning that they owed their own players and other clubs relatively little. However, the total business debt when they resigned on 6 March 1962 ironically amounted to £62,000, a substantial sum for a tiny provincial football club. What many people do not know is that a rescue package was put together by local businessmen, and they tried to rescind their resignation two days later; unfortunately the Football League (somewhat crassly) decided that legal precedent dictated that they had to accept the resignation letter, and Accrington were out. It was a very harsh stance taken by the FL, in direct contrast to the splendid indecision and procrastination being demonstrated by today's EFL. God knows what Hardaker would have done to Bury and Bolton in particular.

Contrary to popular belief, Accrington did not fold at that point, struggling on for four more years before disappearing in June 1966.

What’s particularly annoying is that this latest development at Bolton is taking the shine of The Imps incredible start to the campaign.

All the talk should be about our 4 wins with no goals conceded, yet they’re worried about overplaying a few 18 year olds who got stuffed 5-0 on Saturday .... bless em’ ?

Nobody cared about The Imps under Willie Bell in 78/79 at this level when Swindon & Chester mullered us 6-0 & 5-1 within a week ?

Jesus it's now been announced that Boltons game on Saturday has been postponed due to the fact the keepers mum is taking him to a sooty and sweep show in Blackpool, the right winger is going to a roller skating disco with his girlfriend and the centre half and the right back have got to go into town to be measured up for their new school uniforms.

Jesus it's now been announced that Boltons game on Saturday has been postponed due to the fact the keepers mum is taking him to a sooty and sweep show in Blackpool, the right winger is going to a roller skating disco with his girlfriend and the centre half and the right back have got to go into town to be measured up for their new school uniforms.

Heard Boxing Day v Cov is already in doubt due to over-excitement at Santa’s visit
(stolen from Twitter)

The ironic thing is that Bolton had their 'most experienced' starting XI of the season on Saturday and suffered their heaviest defeat so far. Maybe they are taking the pressure off the older players, the very few who remain, who can't handle it?

I get your point Croozey but we could get a double whammy. Donny are nicely rested up after their 3-0 and go onto a comfortable victory against us on the back of that. Then when we play a full strength Bolton a few months down the line and lose, also picking up an injury to a key player Doncaster gain a 6 point swing on us and our squad could be weakened. The EFL could easily allow a scenario like that to happen due to their pathetic (non) response.
Hmmm its a tricky one. just kick them out then. :hmmm:

No Graeme, no TEB, they cheated Mansfield who finished 4th.

The reason - you're just removing the results of last season's Bury team. But Bury shouldn't have been fielding that side.

Your comment makes no sense.

Your comment makes no sense.

I'll try again then.

Mansfield finished 4th.

You arrived at the conclusion 5th placed FGR would have gone up because you deleted all Bury's results last season as if they hadn't existed at all.

But they did exist. They just couldn't afford the good team they had. They should have been playing with a much weaker side they could have afforded.

The next best team in the league last season was... Mansfield.

PS There's no need to be aggressive. A polite request is much nicer to receive.

The EFL are really being played for fools on this.

Bolton should be out, end of - Bury no doubt will be on Friday.

We should now be well within our rights to postpone Saturday as Donny will be feeling chipper after their unexpectedly relaxed week, while our squad will be feeling a bit leggy after what will undoubtedly be a tough battle tomorrow night against an MK Dons keen to avenge last season's double.

I say this despite having tickets for Saturday and unlikely to be able to go on a rearranged midweek date later in the season.

The EFL have allowed themselves to be drawn into one unholy mess through their lack of decisiveness, their statement on the postponement today beggars belief.

I'll try again then.

Mansfield finished 4th.

You arrived at the conclusion 5th placed FGR would have gone up because you deleted all Bury's results last season as if they hadn't existed at all.

But they did exist. They just couldn't afford the good team they had. They should have been playing with a much weaker side they could have afforded.

The next best team in the league last season was... Mansfield.

PS There's no need to be aggressive. A polite request is much nicer to receive.

I'm not being aggressive. I. Am. NOT.

Bury played 46 games in the season with a team they couldn't afford. If the league table is to be amended, there is only one way to do it: void all of Bury's results. If you did, Mansfield would not finish in an auto promotion spot - FGR would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from Donny having their feet up for Saturday does the situation even affect team selection for tomorrow with DC having to now have more than half an eye on the Rovers fixture. For example was Bruno going to get a full run out tomorrow but does DC now think about only playing whoever starts for an hour instead of 75 minutes. I don't know but thanks to those arrogant, self entitled, cheating Bolton ***** these are the sort of permutations that may unsettle our thinking and preparations.

Aside from Donny having their feet up for Saturday does the situation even affect team selection for tomorrow with DC having to now have more than half an eye on the Rovers fixture. For example was Bruno going to get a full run out tomorrow but does DC now think about only playing whoever starts for an hour instead of 75 minutes. I don't know but thanks to those arrogant, self entitled, cheating Bolton ***** these are the sort of permutations that may unsettle our thinking and preparations.

Won't even cross DC's mind. He'll deal with tomorrow then deal with Saturday and be unaffected by Wanderers disgraceful behaviour

Those who know me will know I go and visit new grounds from time to time.
A couple or seasons or so back, i went to one in mid Wales, a couple of levels below the Welsh Premier.

The away team were bottom of the division and struggling. They duly arrived in their cars for the match and immediately made their apologies to the home team that they had been unable to bring a full eleven players with them. But, rather than default on the fixture, they had come to play anyway but with only 8 players.
They said they didn't want to let the home team down and besides which, whilst they knew a big defeat was inevitable, zero points was still a much better outcome than the match awarded against them, a fine and several points deducted by the league (EFL hmm?!).

They did of course lose, 15-0 in the end, but actually the eight men put in a really battling performance and at the end they got a guard of honour off the pitch by the home team and full applause from all watching.

These are people who would not get paid a penny to play but they deserved a hell of lot more respect than this bunch at Bolton.