Bolton | Page 5 | Vital Football

Bolton

I am struggling to work out which agents are advising their clients that it is a good idea to agree to sign for Bolton. I bet they used to be a used car salesman.

The Bolton situation already will have a huge impact on the end of season table
Teams like Wycombe and Coventry play a Bolton Pub X11 in the league whilst others will(may) play a Bolton full pro side in a couple of months

The Bolton situation already will have a huge impact on the end of season table
Teams like Wycombe and Coventry play a Bolton Pub X11 in the league whilst others will(may) play a Bolton full pro side in a couple of months

Agree. There is no way Bolton should be playing any competitive fixtures at the moment. It's not a level playing field.

I am caring less and less about the sagas at Bolton and Bury. They have both had more than enough time to sort out whether they can afford to participate in L1 this season. Time the EFL grew a pair and threw them both out which would at least let the 22 clubs they are pissing about organise their seasons without any further disruptions to the clubs or the fans.

I can't understand the thoughts of Jack Hobbs. He signed for Bolton last summer, even though there were known money problems in the press. He then didn't get paid for the last 3 months of the season and even went on strike about it, meaning the club were unable to play the game against Brentford.
They've had 12 points deducted.
Yet he's signing for them again. Is he a dufus?

I can't understand the thoughts of Jack Hobbs. He signed for Bolton last summer, even though there were known money problems in the press. He then didn't get paid for the last 3 months of the season and even went on strike about it, meaning the club were unable to play the game against Brentford.

He's probably been promised a pot of gold from the new owner(s) if the ever materialise so they can start the whole process again.

Maybe the only offer he's had...

Whilst we got a lot of money for him when he was 16 or so, how has he done since?
If he is still highly rated for League 1 level, then he may be a free agent again. And perhaps a back up option for us??

Not followed his career since he left us, so don't know how he has done as such.

we have two high quality experienced central defenders, and we have bolger who is 27ish and has plenty of L1 experience.

according to the stated plan, i would expect us to bring in a younger 4th centre back, preferably leftsided for squad balance, one with pace and potential to play higher up, and one we can coach to be worth £££.

can't do any of that with hobbs.

we have two high quality experienced central defenders, and we have bolger who is 27ish and has plenty of L1 experience.

according to the stated plan, i would expect us to bring in a younger 4th centre back, preferably leftsided for squad balance, one with pace and potential to play higher up, and one we can coach to be worth £££.

can't do any of that with hobbs.

Chappers played a few games at CB and left back for the Spirites last season and has a wand of a left foot. Many on here will say lacks experience etc... if your good enough your old enough. I think DC see’s ‘his favourite toy’ as cover at left centre back, left back and defensive mid if we can’t bring others in.

Chappers played a few games at CB and left back for the Spirites last season and has a wand of a left foot. Many on here will say lacks experience etc... if your good enough your old enough. I think DC see’s ‘his favourite toy’ as cover at left centre back, left back and defensive mid if we can’t bring others in.
that would be a great solution, if he is up to it at L1 level...

especially as coker is looking less and less like a 'done deal'. i mean, we only have 17 available and little defensive cover at all [even if we are counting chapman]. so surely coker would have been in the squad by now if he was anywhere near fit.

I know what I'm about to put won't go well with some members, but it's my opinion & how I see it. And don't get me wrong I like him & he's a great talent to have on City's books
Personally I think he should move up from the National League & have a season out on loan at a Div 2 Club, His delivery is good and his positioning is also good, but I think he needs to get his tackling strengthened up as I think as yet that is his weak point.
Tin Hat at the ready

Last edited:
Agree. There is no way Bolton should be playing any competitive fixtures at the moment. It's not a level playing field.
Not sure I agree with this.

Consider the January transfer window, if someone goes out and signs a team of quality players - is it unfair on teams who have to play that team after January?

What about a club that sells all their players in January? Is it unfair on the teams who played them early on in the season?

Bolton won't be allowed to sign any players that other teams can not (i.e. buy from another club or sign players who would be ineligible to sign for other clubs) just like any other club.

It's just how the fixture list falls. Bury should be being forced to play their matches if they want any chance of continuing in the league.

Not sure I agree with this.

Consider the January transfer window, if someone goes out and signs a team of quality players - is it unfair on teams who have to play that team after January?

What about a club that sells all their players in January? Is it unfair on the teams who played them early on in the season?

Bolton won't be allowed to sign any players that other teams can not (i.e. buy from another club or sign players who would be ineligible to sign for other clubs) just like any other club.

It's just how the fixture list falls. Bury should be being forced to play their matches if they want any chance of continuing in the league.
You can't compare on that basis because all Clubs at that time can buy and sell.

As it stands, Bolton are basically playing their youth team in competitive L1 fixtures and as soon as they're out of admin, they'll be able to register senior players.

You can't compare on that basis because all Clubs at that time can buy and sell.

As it stands, Bolton are basically playing their youth team in competitive L1 fixtures and as soon as they're out of admin, they'll be able to register senior players.
Only players who are free agents. Who can be signed by any club at the time.

i find it odd that bolton are allowed to play games, even though their takeover hasn't happened - so how can they possibly have proof of funds for this season.\
whereas bury are not allowed to play, even though they have a legally agreed cva in place. reason given by the efl, details in relation to financial obligations.