Bolton | Page 15 | Vital Football

Bolton

I think back 40 years clanfordimp when a young impressionable Imp made his debut at Swindon, only to lose 0-6. 4 days later they lost 1-5, and a week later 1-4 ...... where was the lovely cuddly EFL then? ?
Did Tony play for the 1st team again after that match?

Bassini seems to be saying, let me pay money into a club on the basis that my court case in September will allow me to take over the club, even though the administrators have chosen someone else to deal with and everyone in football thinks that a discredited crook taking over Bolton won't be the answer to anything.

I'm a knight in shining armour, all Bolton fans should love and adore me. I'm definitely not in this for my own personal gratification with little or no thought to what is actually best for the club and its supporters. Love me, love me, love me.
That Google Translate has come on leaps and bounds.....

Are they allowed to sign players on non contract terms?

Is there anything stopping them from going out on the street and picking 11 guys and saying could you play for us tonight?
As far as I am aware, the EFL will not ratify any signings until the takeover has been completed and all the relevant financials are in place.

As far as I am aware, the EFL will not ratify any signings until the takeover has been completed and all the relevant financials are in place.
Thanks, I knew they weren't allowed to register new contracts but wasn't sure about non-contract deals so similar to Lewis' deal with us

It's been touched upon elsewhere but let this sink in. A club with fully 21 players at their disposal fulfilled their fixture tonight and will go again on Saturday. Of those 21 players, only 17 have played - two are long term injuries and there are two 18 year olds that have not featured.

Meanwhile another club has already used 20 players this season and named several more unused players on their bench. They unilaterally decided at the last moment to not turn out and fulfil their fixture tonight; notifying the world of their decision by social media.

Really Bolton! Really EFL! Really!

It's been touched upon elsewhere but let this sink in. A club with fully 21 players at their disposal fulfilled their fixture tonight and will go again on Saturday. Of those 21 players, only 17 have played - two are long term injuries and there are two 18 year olds that have not featured.

Meanwhile another club has already used 20 players this season and named several more unused players on their bench. They unilaterally decided at the last moment to not turn out and fulfil their fixture tonight; notifying the world of their decision by social media.

If the EFL had any backbone and moral aurthority, at the very least Bolton should be docked another 6 points for 'postponing' (failing to fulfil) tonight's fixture, a second offence. Unlike the match last season this wasn't a dead rubber and has knock-on impact across the division.

I'm not holding my breath as the EFL clearly has neither.

I assume the League One, what I think is referred to as Solidarity payment, for Bury and/or Bolton will be distributed between clubs who end up losing home fixtures

Should be a three point penalty for each game that they’ve fielded under strength side or just not bothered to show - one game last season, and four this ...so far. Should be on -27 points, at the moment.

Believed they've named 25 players.
Just throw them both out!

Sorry if I have missed this - but do Bolton have a deadline to sort themselves out like Bury do? Have been searching the web but this is not confirmed anywhere (that I have looked at least).

They need to get league 1 sorted out ASAP as said before it is a Mickey Mouse league as it stands.