Bolton Saturday | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bolton Saturday

So long as all clubs do this in every game then the competition is not undermined.
But they didn't do this against Doncaster. They unilaterally postponed/cancelled the game at the last minute, because they thought their youngsters would take another tonking. Given that and the damage they've caused to the integrity of the league, I personally don't think they should be able to sign anyone or certainly their signings should be vetted - if the story above is to be believed, it seems they are intent on signing a raft of Championship level players.

What message does that send? They've run their business abysmally, haven't and may well not pay their creditors what they're due, and look set just to repeat the mistakes by spending beyond their means again...

Until a day or so ago I was expecting to see the match at Priestfield, as it could possibly be the last time watching Bolton play.
I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Wanderers, sad that any team departs thus leaving fans and the local community to suffer, but on a personal level my mind is all over the place.
I first saw them play back in the 1950 season and will take to the grave memories of the 53 FA cup final, my uncle was a Bolton fan and I can remember him telling me that to obtain a ticket for the final the twenty thousand tickets allocated to the club only went to those living in the town and he had to produce a ration book as proof of address.
Having left Burnden Park and returning to the car a group of their fans attacked my car just as I got inside and attempted to tip it over but for the grace of God I managed to get started and drive off without running over anyone, (yes I know it was par for the course back in the Seventies.)
More devastating was the cold blooded murder of a Blackpool fan on the Kop in August 1974, by a Bolton fan, I believe it was the first fatal stabbing in an English football ground and the killer was never caught.
As for Saturday I am not sure whether to come or not now, but I hope you get your first home win of the season anyway.

Totally understand your feelings Whitstable. Your team looking good.

So logically if they play the kids on Saturday and we win, then the game should be replayed when they bolster their squad?

Clearly if we lose it has to be replayed - I am all for that
Yes, but what's that definition of insanity, again?

Because they have no idea who will be in the Bolton side.

Or any certainty on the game would go ahead. Interesting to see if they add the fixture now.

Bolton were 14/1 to win against Ipswich. Amazing for an went with 3 possible outcomes. 0-5 score suggests bookies were right.

It would have been interesting to see what they would have been against us.

Until a day or so ago I was expecting to see the match at Priestfield, as it could possibly be the last time watching Bolton play.
I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Wanderers, sad that any team departs thus leaving fans and the local community to suffer, but on a personal level my mind is all over the place.
I first saw them play back in the 1950 season and will take to the grave memories of the 53 FA cup final, my uncle was a Bolton fan and I can remember him telling me that to obtain a ticket for the final the twenty thousand tickets allocated to the club only went to those living in the town and he had to produce a ration book as proof of address.
Having left Burnden Park and returning to the car a group of their fans attacked my car just as I got inside and attempted to tip it over but for the grace of God I managed to get started and drive off without running over anyone, (yes I know it was par for the course back in the Seventies.)
More devastating was the cold blooded murder of a Blackpool fan on the Kop in August 1974, by a Bolton fan, I believe it was the first fatal stabbing in an English football ground and the killer was never caught.
As for Saturday I am not sure whether to come or not now, but I hope you get your first home win of the season anyway.
i remember that murder and for some reason I think his name was kevin Olsen....God knows why I remember that. What i also remember is that it was reported like it was an average Saturday night stabbing i.e. no emphasis that it happened at a football match and the ramifications of that.
Different times.

Whilst it`s probable that Bolton will field a stronger team than the one that faced Ipswich, I doubt that they will be full of superstars by Saturday ! It`s also probable, by the sound of chat and rumour up here, that there may well be a very large away following- especially as GFC has announced it`s cash on the day entry at the away turnstiles. I just hope that any pressure on Saturday afternoon is felt by the Bolton team in front of the Bolton massive and extra news media, rather than the Gills team. I`m pleased that Bolton is still a EFL club but it`s about time we stuffed `em......

I heard Jimmy Phillips the academy coach looking after the first team for tomorrow say he hoped that Jack Hobbs and possibly three other senior players might be in the line up which will give a few of the youngster a rest.

I persuaded my best mate to come with me from London to the home game a couple of years ago. We were f###ing dreadful even by our abysmal home standards. 0 3 at ht. Immediately after ht let in another.

I haven't had the nerve to ask him again since.

We need some form of exorcism tomorrow.

I fear a flop. A juicy win might get the team going. Still nervous about the game.

I heard Jimmy Phillips the academy coach looking after the first team for tomorrow say he hoped that Jack Hobbs and possibly three other senior players might be in the line up which will give a few of the youngster a rest.

Pool`s game at Bolton now scheduled as a live TV game on Sky Sports - 7th October 8pm.

I think the deadline was this lunchtime for new signings to be eligible to play tomorrow and I've not seen any Bolton announcements yet.

If our team cock it up and that is not beyond the realms of possibilities, then Evans will have to start looking at himself and his method of running the squad. I want to be wrong, but he does worry me, now the season has started.