Bolton Saturday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bolton Saturday

They have two days to appoint a manager and sign up an entire squad, can’t see there being too many changes.

The new buyers may well have had agreements in place to sign certain players once the takeover was completed. We’ll find out tomorrow. Even if they still signed average premiership players we should be able to beat a team cobbled together at such short notice.

To be fair to every team Bolton should have to replay games already completed.

Certainly if they basically have a new team out on Saturday and if Donny are forced to play the game Bolton unilaterally postponed, I'd say Bolton's other games where Ipswich and Tranmere walked over their kids should be replayed.

Apparently they have several players training with them who have already agreed deals

Yeah just been reading a few bits on Facebook (so it’s gospel).

Sounds like the whole club and fans are in celebration mode. They’ll be bringing a healthy away following. And they have “5 or 6” players that have been training with them for a while but couldn’t/wouldn’t sign until resolved.

Sounds like they will have a lot different team to their first few games. Cue Gills 0 Bolton 3. Nailed on.

We will play a new Bolton team on Saturday, and their new manager I expect will have a decent budget.
What concerns me most is that the EFL consider this to be reasonable. All the teams that have not played them so far should be given three points and plus five goals added to their total.
All teams only play Bolton once that would probably end in their relegation at the end of the season.
I'm sure all the Division one chairman are totally frustrated when a poorly run club appears to be rewarded.

I agree with you mate.
It does look that way.

Tramere play a youth team.
A few weeks later, another league one side plays a team of experienced internationals.

Doesn't seem right, does it

Certainly if they basically have a new team out on Saturday and if Donny are forced to play the game Bolton unilaterally postponed, I'd say Bolton's other games where Ipswich and Tranmere walked over their kids should be replayed.

Don't agree. Bolton played the best team they were are to at the time. So long as all clubs do this in every game then the competition is not undermined. The fact that some teams got to play Bolton prior to them being in a position to bolster their squad is just the luck of the fixture list.

What would you think if some multi-billionaire were to buy our club today and then splash out on some mega signings (I'm thinking, say, smashing our record purchase four, five or even six times) before the transfer window shuts? Would those teams who've already played us be justified in demanding the games be replayed?*

*This analogy would work better had we won all of our first four games. For the sake of argument, let me hypothetically suggest we had.

Until a day or so ago I was expecting to see the match at Priestfield, as it could possibly be the last time watching Bolton play.
I have mixed feelings when it comes to the Wanderers, sad that any team departs thus leaving fans and the local community to suffer, but on a personal level my mind is all over the place.
I first saw them play back in the 1950 season and will take to the grave memories of the 53 FA cup final, my uncle was a Bolton fan and I can remember him telling me that to obtain a ticket for the final the twenty thousand tickets allocated to the club only went to those living in the town and he had to produce a ration book as proof of address.
Having left Burnden Park and returning to the car a group of their fans attacked my car just as I got inside and attempted to tip it over but for the grace of God I managed to get started and drive off without running over anyone, (yes I know it was par for the course back in the Seventies.)
More devastating was the cold blooded murder of a Blackpool fan on the Kop in August 1974, by a Bolton fan, I believe it was the first fatal stabbing in an English football ground and the killer was never caught.
As for Saturday I am not sure whether to come or not now, but I hope you get your first home win of the season anyway.