Bolton Saturday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bolton Saturday

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
Not even The Gills could lose to a team who have conceded 5 goals in each of their last three games, have just three professional players and have eight teenagers in their team, including a 17yo goalie.....could they?
Completely different team Saturday I would imagine

nibbles

Vital 1st Team Regular
They have two days to appoint a manager and sign up an entire squad, can’t see there being too many changes.
The new buyers may well have had agreements in place to sign certain players once the takeover was completed. We’ll find out tomorrow. Even if they still signed average premiership players we should be able to beat a team cobbled together at such short notice.

SteveTreacle

Vital Squad Member
To be fair to every team Bolton should have to replay games already completed.
Certainly if they basically have a new team out on Saturday and if Donny are forced to play the game Bolton unilaterally postponed, I'd say Bolton's other games where Ipswich and Tranmere walked over their kids should be replayed.

OneSirKeefy

Vital 1st Team Regular
Apparently they have several players training with them who have already agreed deals
Yeah just been reading a few bits on Facebook (so it’s gospel).

Sounds like the whole club and fans are in celebration mode. They’ll be bringing a healthy away following. And they have “5 or 6” players that have been training with them for a while but couldn’t/wouldn’t sign until resolved.

Sounds like they will have a lot different team to their first few games. Cue Gills 0 Bolton 3. Nailed on.

Kojaculation

Vital Youth Team
We will play a new Bolton team on Saturday, and their new manager I expect will have a decent budget.
What concerns me most is that the EFL consider this to be reasonable. All the teams that have not played them so far should be given three points and plus five goals added to their total.
All teams only play Bolton once that would probably end in their relegation at the end of the season.
I'm sure all the Division one chairman are totally frustrated when a poorly run club appears to be rewarded.

shotshy

Vital 1st Team Regular
I agree with you mate.
It does look that way.

Tramere play a youth team.
A few weeks later, another league one side plays a team of experienced internationals.

Doesn't seem right, does it

Buddha

Vital 1st Team Regular
Certainly if they basically have a new team out on Saturday and if Donny are forced to play the game Bolton unilaterally postponed, I'd say Bolton's other games where Ipswich and Tranmere walked over their kids should be replayed.
Don't agree. Bolton played the best team they were are to at the time. So long as all clubs do this in every game then the competition is not undermined. The fact that some teams got to play Bolton prior to them being in a position to bolster their squad is just the luck of the fixture list.

What would you think if some multi-billionaire were to buy our club today and then splash out on some mega signings (I'm thinking, say, smashing our record purchase four, five or even six times) before the transfer window shuts? Would those teams who've already played us be justified in demanding the games be replayed?*

*This analogy would work better had we won all of our first four games. For the sake of argument, let me hypothetically suggest we had.