Bolton....interesting... | Page 41 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

Just reading about the Trump impeachment case and Schiff has called on Bolton to testify....fuck me , as if they didn't have enough problems at the moment.

Now docked 6 points more than Horwich FC got (for not fulfilling a fixture)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50861229

Utterly bizarre. They call a game off a few weeks ago and a panel sits quickly and deducts them two points. Yet Bolton call two games off and it takes them over six months to sit down and give them a suspended sentence.

Other than shameless bias, am I missing something as I fail to see the difference?

Edit. Sorry Mac have been deducted ten points, just the four suspended.

Last edited:
I have 2 dogs, 2 brothers actually, who cannot be treated differently because all hell breaks loose if 1 is tickled or treated or just stroked without the other. They have it right. How can the FL get away with treating 2 members so differently?

Well this aged well. Don’t we all look like nice reasonable people. Tut tut.... Bolton lived beyond their means so **** them.

pot, kettle, black. We look rather silly now.

Exactly Loudmouthblue and Bongsman,
You are spot on. All those years of laughing as they recruited the likes of Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Okocha etc etc and smirking at other clubs supporters. Yes, they may have been free transfers, but their wages would be sky high.
A lot of their fans won't accept this, though. They seem to think that was all paid off and taken care of. What about all those multi millions of TV money as well?

Just terrible terrible management. When Davies sold the club for £1 to Dean Holdsworth, he must have seen all this coming and wanted out. Don't blame him.

In all honesty, when it goes back to court, they need liquidating. Not administration, liquidating. Its a disgrace if they escape again, an absolute disgrace. Their fans are now going on about running it as a 'community' club, like Bournemouth once did. But surely that's just fantasy. Their deadline in court is May 8th..seasons over so they wont have the EFL to hide behind this time, to ensure fixtures are fulfilled.

Fridays game against Villa is in the balance yet, the safety certificate to be withdrawn today, if Anderson doesnt guarantee the staff. And hes on a jolly in America.

nail on the head... spent beyond their means, and when their benefactor saw the writing was on the wall he Bailed. Left a loss making club to go into administration.

it reminds me very much of a similar club? Name slips my mind.

I know if we ever got into financial trouble we wouldn’t expect sympathy from other clubs when we’ve shown ourselves to be this vindictive

nail on the head... spent beyond their means, and when their benefactor saw the writing was on the wall he Bailed. Left a loss making club to go into administration.

I know if we ever got into financial trouble we wouldn’t expect sympathy from other clubs when we’ve shown ourselves to be this vindictive
Typical of little horwich wanderers scum of the earth

Well this aged well. Don’t we all look like nice reasonable people. Tut tut.... Bolton lived beyond their means so **** them.

pot, kettle, black. We look rather silly now.

Hey up. he's back. He's still not playing with a full deck, mind, but nevertheless, he's back.

Lock up your .......erm ....your........erm........ well, just lock up anyway.

Can the phrase "living beyond your means" be translated as "mekkin both o' yer brain cells work too hard, so as they give up the ghost"?
:hmmm:

:rolleyes:

Hey up. he's back. He's still not playing with a full deck, mind, but nevertheless, he's back.

Lock up your .......erm ....your........erm........ well, just lock up anyway.

Can the phrase "living beyond your means" be translated as "mekkin both o' yer brain cells work too hard, so as they give up the ghost"?
:hmmm:

:rolleyes:

just thought when our fans are spitting vitriol at other clubs fans we should perhaps look at the glee with which we watched a neighbours demise.

it paints us as both hypocritical and blind to our own mistakes.

good day young Mooney. Until the morrow.

just thought when our fans are spitting vitriol at other clubs fans we should perhaps look at the glee with which we watched a neighbours demise.

it paints us as both hypocritical and blind to our own mistakes.

good day young Mooney. Until the morrow.

Listen mate, as I'm not Inspector Clouseau, I've no idea if you're a genuine Tic, or a Trotter.

If it's the former, then maybe I should owe you an apology ................... cos I think it's the latter ................ in which case, nah, don't bother with the morrow .......or any other day.

Ta