Bolton....interesting... | Page 40 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

The FA have moved heaven and earth to look after Bolton and in the past QPR and West Ham when they've broken the rules while poor Bury didn't get a fraction of the extra chances for probably far less in the grand scheme of things. They had no problem docking Boro points in the past that effectivly relegated them for not playing a scheduled fixture.

The one thing every club should expect is impartiality and the rules enforced equally and punishments given out in accordance to the pre set rules. It's a piss take.

More spineless decision making from the cowards at the EFL. Any other team but Bolton and they'd have the absolute book thrown at them. Imagine if we didn't play a fixture, they'd try relegating us there and then!

This season is a shambles, it's credibility has been compromised and its cost Bury a football team. All because the EFL wanted to save their favorites. I genuinely hope the other clubs in lg1 mount a legal challenge because of the actions taken to save Bolton. The easy 5-0 wins some teams earned that'll give them points and goal difference advantages over teams that didn't have the chance to play what was essentially Boltons u18 squad ... Promotion and relegation places could be decided on that basis and it's hugely unfair on the teams impacted. It's been a shambles from start to finish, and this latest announcement is just the cherry on top of the corrupted cake. Absolute disgrace.

I said a while back when they got the 12 points deducted and looked certainties to be relegated that I didn’t think it’d be long before we were back in the same division anyway. I reckon it’ll be next season with the way things are going! The EFL really have messed up here, being so lenient with one club then throwing another out all together. All the other L1 clubs must be fuming at the decision, especially those down at the bottom.

Didnt Bolton find a buyer and Bury couldnt?

Bury said they had a buyer but needed 24 hours extension after talks with one party collapsed at the 11th hour. Bolton got extension after extension.

If they gave Bury that 24 hours and it fell through fine then that's the end of it. But it was a live or die hard deadline for Bury but Bolton got flexibility at every stage when they missed deadlines.

Interesting reading - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50511195

Comments from Bolton manager Keith Hill -

Hill was asked to respond after a Doncaster fan told BBC Radio Manchester that the decision was "a disgrace".
"No. Simple as that. Nobody knows what the new consortium have gone through," Hill said.
"Nobody knew what the club went through over the summer as they wrestled to get the club out of administration with the previous owner. Football Ventures did not deserve to be punished.
"I have no thought process leading into sympathy for any other football club in League One.

Shocking comments from a manager I used to have a fair bit of respect for. I get he's defending his club, but its downright disrespectful to be that dismissive. On the same note as what he's said, he doesn't know what Bury FC went through, what their now unemployed staff and fans have been through. They didn't deserve to be punished either. What the team and the fans of those teams who miss out on promotion or get relegated will go through. They wont deserve to be punished either, but they will. And all because of Bolton and the EFLs protect at any costs defence of them. Bet he'd have sympathy if the boot was on the other foot.

Its an independent panel who has decided on the punishment (or lack of) not the EFL or the FA (the latter of who have nothing to do with any charges of punishment in this matter)
The EFL have decided to appeal against what they consider a lenient decision & have said they are disappointed by the panels decision:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50516578

So its nothing to do with the EFL taking it easy on them because they're Bolton & a traditionally historic club

Bury said they had a buyer but needed 24 hours extension after talks with one party collapsed at the 11th hour. Bolton got extension after extension.

If they gave Bury that 24 hours and it fell through fine then that's the end of it. But it was a live or die hard deadline for Bury but Bolton got flexibility at every stage when they missed deadlines.

Burys buyer wasnt that credible where Boltons was, so thats maybe why the extension got approved

Me keeo up, The point was the new owners not the former owner,
Ill stop as Im wasting electric on you

Last chance to gain some credibility here for you fella, the owners of football clubs are meant to be vetted yeah, so Anderson would have to be vetted also and look what happened.

What if it goes tits up again with the new owners at Bolton in 12 months time, do they go through the same debacle again? Bury weren't given the chance to see if their prospective new owner would be credible or not.

Over to you.

It is all an absolute scandal. How many precedents have been set now? You couldn't make it up.
Maybe if we are in the relegation zone we could just have a weekend off and give the players a rest. That'll be ok now as Bolton did the equivalent not once but twice!!

They deserved to be docked 6 points in the week and still hopefully will.But as tough as it is supporting tics at the moment we aren't bottom of League 1,at least 15 points from safety having just lost 7-1 to Accrington Stanley!?