Bolton....interesting... | Page 43 | Vital Football

Bolton....interesting...

None of us know for sure .....as the shithouse never actually set foot in the place....not once.

It looks like he thought he could achieve Premiership and the money it brings with a certain outlay....when he realised it was more expensive than he thought and that after dropping a relative fortune (small in comparison to many Championship clubs) we were relegation candidates rather than even play off ‘possibles’ ....his arse dropped....and he then set about constructing this elaborate “bullshit sale“ of the club linking it to an absurdly usurious loan to try and get money back ...(we think)...Whether that loan is any longer in force is the subject of some extensive and agonised debate ....the Admins seemingly think not.... but opinion on the subject is divided ?

Seems like a fair assessment of what has happened. I don't think you'll ever find out the full truth as to what Choi's plans were.

It's a tough one for you, because our current owners (FV) actually tried to buy the club from Ken Anderson pre-admin, so we knew they were interested for a long time, and they never quit even with all obstacles thrown at them during the admin.

I remember being slightly jealous of Wigan getting seemingly rich foreign owners when IEC first took over, but it was a worrying sign (in hindsight) that Choi never seemed to even visit the DW.

There's a lot of stuff for you to sort out before the season begins. I heard there is a new American consortium involved (via Nixon), but the trouble is, with each new party coming to the table, they're starting from scratch and time is limited.
And I've not heard one solid recurring name throughout this process like FV were for us... Leneghan perhaps?

Hopefully there's some people that will come in and stabilise the club, because you have some exciting young players, but there's a lot of due diligence to be done, and the loan agreement is something like 24 million I heard? Any potential owner will want to know exactly what entails with that before they commit.

Truly a scary time for your club, and I know how that feels, so best of luck finding someone.

If we survive this shitstorm I will have zero empathy with anybody else going through the situation we are in...it just feels like vultures circling round for good players and willing to pay fuck all for the privilege , even though they all know how desperate we are for funds....like I say , I wish no-one any ill will but it's look after #1 from here on in.

Maybe my mood will lighten in a few months but at the moment I'm bitter about the whole bloody thing.

I believe part of the problem is that any transfer fee will have to be paid now in full, rather than the usual "HP" type arrangement, couple that with the lack of money coming into clubs, our desperate need for cash and it amounts to a buyers market.
Don't disagree about the vultures, but I think that description should be for the "richer" clubs looking to take advantage.
Mind you, we did the same to Crystal Palace a few years ago, so I suppose business is business even though it is grossly unfair to clubs in our situation

I believe part of the problem is that any transfer fee will have to be paid now in full, rather than the usual "HP" type arrangement, couple that with the lack of money coming into clubs, our desperate need for cash and it amounts to a buyers market.
Don't disagree about the vultures, but I think that description should be for the "richer" clubs looking to take advantage.
Mind you, we did the same to Crystal Palace a few years ago, so I suppose business is business even though it is grossly unfair to clubs in our situation

I hear you but somethings changed, inside me I mean. I've loved this game for as long as I remember but I just don't know if I can love it anymore.

When I started watching it was me and my dad going to matches, anywhere he would say...fancy Everton against Leeds he would say...right off we go...the smell of pipe and cigars and wood and happy memories......the only smell I get now stinks .

I hear you but somethings changed, inside me I mean. I've loved this game for as long as I remember but I just don't know if I can love it anymore.

When I started watching it was me and my dad going to matches, anywhere he would say...fancy Everton against Leeds he would say...right off we go...the smell of pipe and cigars and wood and happy memories......the only smell I get now stinks .

You could be quoting my feelings word for word apart from the fact my dad took me to all Latics away games as well. Never needed a map when I started to drive

That smell of that aromatic pipe tobacco wafting over the pop side on a cold February night doesn't half evoke some fantastic memories.

That smell of that aromatic pipe tobacco wafting over the pop side on a cold February night doesn't half evoke some fantastic memories.
Pipe tobacco and the smell of Bovril,Great memories of a cold winter night watching genuine football with genuine football fans!!