Bolton /Bury | Vital Football

Bolton /Bury

Dont see the point of a ''deadline'' where if it's not met, it's merely prolonged, or [ as in Brexit ] it's continually extended.

Now reported that there are further offers for Bury but what's going to stop these bids going the same way as the one today ? Surely the league have got to put a stop to this.

The EFL have to start thinking about the effect this is having on the other 22 clubs in league 1, how many games can Bury afford to postpone before it's considered enough.

What does the box office tell someone who calls for a ticket for Saturday?
On or off?

Sky News:

Bolton: "A statement from Bolton Wanderers says discussions are ongoing with all parties and a further statement will be issued later this evening after a deadline for a takeover of the League One club to be completed passed at 5pm"

Bury: "Steve Dale says he’s passed three bids to the EFL.

One from former Gateshead owner Joseph Cala, another from a Swiss firm and the final one via Ivan Lewis MP. "

As I said on the other thread, getting an offer is a piece of piss. The due diligence that follows afterwards and the negotiation of contractual terms for sale of shares is the time consuming bit which will take weeks.

These deadlines are pointless. There is zero chance that a deal will complete today.

As I said on the other thread, getting an offer is a piece of piss. The due diligence that follows afterwards and the negotiation of contractual terms for sale of shares is the time consuming bit which will take weeks.

These deadlines are pointless. There is zero chance that a deal will complete today.

When bidders are dealing with owners like Anderson and Dale it becomes even more difficult. Both have done very little about the spiralling debts but have shuffled assets and tried to turn a profit with no concern for anyone but themselves.
Every single season ticket holder in league 1 (100,000+ ?) will have lost money if one or both of these clubs go. Neither current owner looks to be in for a loss if either or both clubs go. Staff, creditors and all fans bear the brunt.

Some seem to think that the deadline is more important than the result. These events currently unfolding could bring about the long term end of many clubs including possibly ours.So we should be in no rush to see other clubs folding.In what is a deeply troubling time for all clubs in and around our level.

When bidders are dealing with owners like Anderson and Dale it becomes even more difficult. Both have done very little about the spiralling debts but have shuffled assets and tried to turn a profit with no concern for anyone but themselves.
Every single season ticket holder in league 1 (100,000+ ?) will have lost money if one or both of these clubs go. Neither current owner looks to be in for a loss if either or both clubs go. Staff, creditors and all fans bear the brunt.

If the game on Saturday is postponed, it will almost certainly mean a Tuesday evening kick off, as will the Bury game if they also survive. A loss on income and travel expenses, also player rest time. What kind of recompense could the Football League make to even things out.

The club have been in administration long enough to complete this process.

Such a shame that any club should go to the wall; especially with the amount of money sloshing around in the top two divisions. It remains to be seen what will be left of the club and where they will resurface. I wish them well and hope they are able to return to league football as soon as possible.
A sad day for all of Bury's fans.
I suspect Bolton will follow suit unfortunately.

It seems Bolton have been given a further 14 days to find a buyer. Does anyone know why they've been given this extension, yet Bury hasn't?

I hope it's not because Bolton are seen as a "bigger" club.

I wonder whether GFC would be financially hurt by these 2 clubs folding.

GFC would still have the ticket revenue from season ticket sales and would still have to incur certain fixed costs but all of the variable costs (player bonuses, casual match day staff, policing, etc.) would not be incurred.

It seems Bolton have been given a further 14 days to find a buyer. Does anyone know why they've been given this extension, yet Bury hasn't?

I hope it's not because Bolton are seen as a "bigger" club.
Bury had already been given their 14 day notice but because Bolton seemed to have buyers ready to go the EFL suspended their 14 day notice of expulsion. Now that suspension has been lifted the 14 day clock has started ticking. However, it may all be irrelevant as the administrators have said they will start liquidating the company on Thursday if no takeover has gone through. That would surely put Saturday’s match in doubt.