Bolton away | Vital Football

Bolton away

Th10

Vital Squad Member
Biggest game between us for a while. The last time I remember both teams doing well was the first year we were in Prem. Lots of banter between us proper fans, I’ve got my skullcap and gumshield ready for any dickheads after last time we went there though.

Because of the idiot fans horrible stewards and even “I’m in Charge” Police we stopped attending this game a few seasons back and will not be going this year either

Such a shame that you feel that way Taff57...NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE should feel intimidated insecure or feel threatened going to ANY game be that a non descript run of the mill game or a local derby regardless of the area your from....but sadly lots of people / fans like yourself feel this way & it's a damming indictment in how games like this are policed / stewarded. Again sadly a few from either side will see this as a view to have a go at each other regardless of what everyone else wants....hope we stuff them btw

Such a shame that you feel that way Taff57...NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE should feel intimidated insecure or feel threatened going to ANY game be that a non descript run of the mill game or a local derby regardless of the area your from....but sadly lots of people / fans like yourself feel this way & it's a damming indictment in how games like this are policed / stewarded. Again sadly a few from either side will see this as a view to have a go at each other regardless of what everyone else wants....hope we stuff them btw
Stopped going when they started charging silly ticket prices and I live a lot closer to their ground than the DW.

Really looking forward to this one, should be a cracking atmosphere and has the feel of a big match. I note they are scheduled to play next weekend so if they win that they could leap frog us if they defeat us. Potential top of the table clash in a local derby - what’s not to like? Only 25 quid this time around so can’t be using the price as an excuse. Encourage everyone to get to this, sing our hearts out and give the team support.

Never been to the Reebok or whatever its called these days - although I have had an overnight stay in the nearby hotel that is right in front of the ground for a family wedding. Went to Burnden a few times as a kid with my dad & have lived to tell the tale.

Always had a belting time there - yes there's trouble if you want it as with any game but no qualms from me will be taking the kids and like Accrington letting them experience what football used to be all about.
Cracking atmosphere in an away end for a local derby - doesn't get better than that IMO

Always had a belting time there - yes there's trouble if you want it as with any game but no qualms from me will be taking the kids and like Accrington letting them experience what football used to be all about.
Cracking atmosphere in an away end for a local derby - doesn't get better than that IMO
You need to point me in the right direction on where to go to have a belting time then, It's only ever been shite for me. A proper shithole of an area with fuck all to do pre match, stewards and police are twats and of course the biggest ***** of the lot being their fans, hiding in packs post match attacking fans with club colours on and legging it before Latics who can defend themselves get their hands on them. Then there's the fact that we hardly ever win there, think I've only seen two or three wins in around ten visits. It's very much a get in and get the hell out job.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go or not wanting to take their kids, especially as trouble is likely. Having said that, it's a big match so I'd be a shame not to have a big following, just be careful and don't wear club colours coming out the ground. I am disappointed that we haven't even sold out the lower tier yet. Are folk still having issues with our shite ticketing system?

You need to point me in the right direction on where to go to have a belting time then, It's only ever been shite for me. A proper shithole of an area with fuck all to do pre match, stewards and police are twats and of course the biggest ***** of the lot being their fans, hiding in packs post match attacking fans with club colours on and legging it before Latics who can defend themselves get their hands on them. Then there's the fact that we hardly ever win there, think I've only seen two or three wins in around ten visits. It's very much a get in and get the hell out job.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go or not wanting to take their kids, especially as trouble is likely. Having said that, it's a big match so I'd be a shame not to have a big following, just be careful and don't wear club colours coming out the ground. I am disappointed that we haven't even sold out the lower tier yet. Are folk still having issues with our shite ticketing system?
Not giving them men no money what so ever

Just been on the official site to buy tickets and only the upper tier is available as the bottom is sold out.

Seems a bit odd to be giving reasons why, in your experience, people shouldn't go & then say you're "disappointed we haven't even sold out the lower tier yet! ;)

Over 70 years of age never go looking for trouble Exiled. Last visit had six stewards burst up the steps down our seating and grabbed a Latic dragging him out for no apparent reason. Ther was nearly a riot from our fans in that area. Coming out and quickly walking away a Police Inspector waved his Baton at me and my wife and threatened us. Gob smacked. Then as we walked up the hill towards the motorway bricks came flying over the hedges from Boston fans down below. Luckily no one was injured. If you go keep your head down because trouble will find you.

I've been to Bolton plenty of times over the years and never had any issues, but i have heard that they have a section of fans who are trouble so i'm not suprised some of our fans have horror stories.

Every club has it's set of bad eggs and most of the time if you aren't looking for trouble it wont find you. But it is certainly possible to be minding your own business and end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, so if some folks don't fancy it i'd understand. But it would be sad to think football trouble would be keeping any fans away in 2021.

Wouldn't miss this one for the world. A win here would be great and bragging rights for the fans is always enjoyable. I'm expecting a hostile atmosphere from both sides.