Bolton and Birmingham potential points deductions | Page 7 | Vital Football

Bolton and Birmingham potential points deductions

You know what? I am actually glad we have Jonathan Jackson as Chief Executive. I have yet to meet Darren Royle or Joe Royle, but ar least we have one of our 'own' in a position of authority, and in Joe Royle and Peter Reid, two very experienced football men.

But the best thing about Latics? The Shareholders, the fact that shares are spread about, and we do not have one guy in charge with 95% shares and nobody able to challenge him and question him over issues and things he says, or does. That, for me, is the big problem at Bolton. They have members of upper management who rule by an 'iron fist'...most staff are shit scared of them. Myself? No, I am not a kid and far too long in the tooth to be arsed about that.

They are a shocking club, compared to our own. Ran terribly, and just completely different to us.

I assume you've been away for several months. So, to update you; In November 2018, WAFCL were acquired by IEC plc and they are the majority shareholders - 86.24 % This means they 'call the shots' obviously, due to minority (13.76%) shareholders you refer to. They can challenge until the cows come home but it wont matter.

We could be mirroring Bolton to a degree. Their benefactor, Eddie Davies departed in 2016. The new owners progressed matters to their present position.

The fact that we have Mr Jackson, and the Royale's is not of any real value, they just 'seem' to steer things. The facts are; a man in Hong Kong holds all the cards. So, who knows what the future holds????

I assume you've been away for several months. So, to update you; In November 2018, WAFCL were acquired by IEC plc and they are the majority shareholders - 86.24 % This means they 'call the shots' obviously, due to minority (13.76%) shareholders you refer to. They can challenge until the cows come home but it wont matter.

We could be mirroring Bolton to a degree. Their benefactor, Eddie Davies departed in 2016. The new owners progressed matters to their present position.

The fact that we have Mr Jackson, and the Royale's is not of any real value, they just 'seem' to steer things. The facts are; a man in Hong Kong holds all the cards. So, who knows what the future holds????

Need for sarcasm....bellend

I love Latics.....

....but a lot of Latics fans....no, I cant be arsed with them. Some right pricks, always after scoring points off each other. Its true.

Cant be arsed on here or anywhere else anymore. Cheers

I love Latics.....

....but a lot of Latics fans....no, I cant be arsed with them. Some right pricks, always after scoring points off each other. Its true.

Nah ...... give over Tav. Leave and they win. Stay, and call them for what they are.

:cheers:

Need for sarcasm....bellend
Sorry but your comments suggested as I replied. There are many latics fans who 'just go to games' and don't get involved in the ownership issues for one reason or another. How was I to know about your stance? However, if you had been taking note of events why would you have made those nonsensical comments.

I love Latics.....

Why call him a bellend Our share olders have no say in the running of the club most only have a few shares

Sorry but your comments suggested as I replied. There are many latics fans who 'just go to games' and don't get involved in the ownership issues for one reason or another. How was I to know about your stance? However, if you had been taking note of events why would you have made those nonsensical comments.

I think Tav was unhappy with the tone of your response. We all make mistakes at times, and post things that appear misinformed. I don't think there would have been a problem if you had politely notified Tav of the error, but as it were, your seemingly sarcastic post came across as point-scoring and provoked the above response. Tav's response was also unnecessary, in my opinion, but I just feel the whole scenario could've been avoided had you been a little more amicable in the first place.

I think Tav was unhappy with the tone of your response. We all make mistakes at times, and post things that appear misinformed. I don't think there would have been a problem if you had politely notified Tav of the error, but as it were, your seemingly sarcastic post came across as point-scoring and provoked the above response. Tav's response was also unnecessary, in my opinion, but I just feel the whole scenario could've been avoided had you been a little more amicable in the first place.

Can you clarify which part of my message you identify as the 'tone'. Tav's message was not an error as such. It appeared a meandering range of comments from someone completely out of touch with events. I thought I was being informative and helpful. I have a diverse range of latic supporters 'friends' and we're all OAP's and a lot of them are not up to speed. Some are out of the country for the winter and a large number of them struggle with 'tinternet' for info - I spend a lot of time trying to expalin events to them, I thought Tav was in their 'communications' area.

Can you clarify which part of my message you identify as the 'tone'. Tav's message was not an error as such. It appeared a meandering range of comments from someone completely out of touch with events. I thought I was being informative and helpful. I have a diverse range of latic supporters 'friends' and we're all OAP's and a lot of them are not up to speed. Some are out of the country for the winter and a large number of them struggle with 'tinternet' for info - I spend a lot of time trying to expalin events to them, I thought Tav was in their 'communications' area.

The part where you said 'I assume you've been away for several months' and then explained that we've been taken over by the IEC came across as a little sarcastic and passively aggressive, in my opinion. I've seen Tav post here on a fairly regular basis, and there have been several threads on this forum to discuss the new ownership, so it seemed almost impossible that he/she wouldn't know about it. Therefore, I assumed you were being sarcastic and this is what I meant when I referred to your 'tone'.

However, if you were genuinely trying to be informative and helpful, and I've misunderstood the tone of your post, then I should apologise. It can often be really difficult to identify a person's intentions and emotions online, and so this may very well have led me to misinterpret the nature of your post. If this is the case, I apologise sincerely. :sorry:;)

Last edited:
As someone pointed out to me today the efl are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Bassini certaintly doesn't pass their tests (and is clearly a front for someone else who are likely equally as unfit as you wouldn't get him to be a figurehead). However if they say no they will be liquidated which creates so many issues not only for bowton but also for those in the play off race and fucks us down at the bottom too. Ramifications would be huge, so they'll 'allow' him. If they can't enforce their own tests it's pointless having them. Bottom line is they'll get taken over, though suspect their financial problems will just continue.

He's even more deluded than I first thought:

"I don't know whether we'll survive this season - if we do go down we'll be putting a large sum of money in to take them straight back up.

"If they go down it's a three-year plan, if they stay up it's a two-year plan to get in the Premier League."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47827066

If everything they have done wrong and the pain and hurt they have put on their own staff, contractors and suppliers in the last few years has resulted in no punishment, nothing they do will result in any form of punishment.
Birmingham spent money and were done nine points yet this dispicable club have done whatever they want at the other end of the financial scale.
What they did to Forest Green alone was bringing the game into disrepute and should have warranted a punishment in its own right.
Our friends in Rotherham must be livid about the double standards in the game.

Oh dear. What an embarrassment they are. Clearly haven't been paying their bills. Gotta feel for the Ipswich fans travelling that distance not knowing if the invoice will get cleared in time to get the game on.

Maybe we could assume that you have also been away, as Darren Royle has said recently that the running of the club is in the hands of the board, they just report back

Maybe we could assume that you have also been away, as Darren Royle has said recently that the running of the club is in the hands of the board, they just report back

KM just to add to ur comments - We had a good face to face conversation with Darren Royle last week whilst doing hospitality in Rigalletos for the Brentford match where he came across as open n honest ( as he prob cud be with fans I guess!) - he said that himself & the board were given free rein in how the club is run & that IEC had minimal involvement. It was a very interesting & good 2 way conversation / discussion with us.

If everything they have done wrong and the pain and hurt they have put on their own staff, contractors and suppliers in the last few years has resulted in no punishment, nothing they do will result in any form of punishment.
Birmingham spent money and were done nine points yet this dispicable club have done whatever they want at the other end of the financial scale.
What they did to Forest Green alone was bringing the game into disrepute and should have warranted a punishment in its own right.
Our friends in Rotherham must be livid about the double standards in the game.

I am sick and tired of all things Bolton Wanderers. I have basically been doing the work of TWO people at that place, as they scrimp and do everything on a.shoe string. The constant drama and bullshit, it takes its toll. Sorry I snapped a bit the other day, just stressed out with the whole thing. My blood pressure is sky high with that place. Every time you turn around there is another issue or drama....enough ffs! Stop playing these bloody games! Horrible bastard of a club, and sooner they fold, the better. It needs a complete new club formation, get rid of all the ridiculousness from the situation. Its criminal theyve been given yet another reprieve. How, when North Ferriby United were liquidated over a debt of only seven thousand? Disgrace.

That, for me today, was gamesmanship against Ipswich. Trying to unsettle them with game being in doubt.

Im so glad Ipswich ended up winning.

I am sick and tired of all things Bolton Wanderers. I have basically been doing the work of TWO people at that place, as they scrimp and do everything on a.shoe string. The constant drama and bullshit, it takes its toll. Sorry I snapped a bit the other day, just stressed out with the whole thing. My blood pressure is sky high with that place. Every time you turn around there is another issue or drama....enough ffs! Stop playing these bloody games! Horrible bastard of a club, and sooner they fold, the better. It needs a complete new club formation, get rid of all the ridiculousness from the situation. Its criminal theyve been given yet another reprieve. How, when North Ferriby United were liquidated over a debt of only seven thousand? Disgrace.

That, for me today, was gamesmanship against Ipswich. Trying to unsettle them with game being in doubt.

Well it looks like the cheating gets are going to get relegated but the Football League need to punish the cheats for all their wrong deeds. Need to start next season on minus 21 points at least.

Sounds like you've been put in a difficult position, through no fault of your own. Not sure how Bolton can justify treating their employees like this. I really hope things work out for you eventually. Can you see any way out of the situation the club currently finds itself in?