Bolton and Birmingham potential points deductions | Page 8 | Vital Football

Bolton and Birmingham potential points deductions

Apparently - according to the stewards- it was the efl that funded the wages to get the game on.

Personally I understand why the efl did given the implications of they can't fulfill their fixtures. However that intervention in itself should see a punishment of some kind as its operating insolvent. Couldn't even provide press or hospitality food at the gameand instead gave them out of date crisps!
Parkinson was bemoaning the lack of preparation time for the loss as the players had gone on strike.

Sounds like you've been put in a difficult position, through no fault of your own. Not sure how Bolton can justify treating their employees like this. I really hope things work out for you eventually. Can you see any way out of the situation the club currently finds itself in?

Well, their fans are getting slightly excited by the fact this Bassini has come out and said he wants to get them back into the Premier League in 3 years. But the way Bolton fans are, theyd have got excited if Kim Jong from Korea had bought the club. Desperate. Going off his previous history and from what Simon Jordan has come out and said, its not going to end well. I think one of two things will happen. Either the takeover will hit a snag and fall through, meaning more absolute bullshit and them going back to court with debts still unpaid (and more than likely April's wages) and being liquidated due to the EFL not having to act as the season is over.
Or Bassini will take over and initially things will be rosey. But then he will absolutely ruin them along with more and more drama and unpaid wages.

Its true they had no hospitality food at the stadium yesterday, and gave people out of date crisps. (January dates)
They also bought in a large number of pizzas from Domino's as well. If Peter Kay had written a comedy series around the club and hotel, it wouldn't be this good.
On Friday, the IT failure saw the hotel operating without being able to check people in, no telephones, no cctv...oh and get this, the fire alarm did not have the ability to actually ring out so people could hear! Absolutely unbelievable, and ILLEGAL that they were still open!

Couldn't even provide press or hospitality food at the gameand instead gave them out of date crisps!

Not surprised..they have been giving them out of date football all season. As much as I dislike them what a thoroughly shit situation that bastard Anderson has put them in. To thrash them is one thing but to see them possibly out of business is just sad.

Not surprised..they have been giving them out of date football all season. As much as I dislike them what a thoroughly shit situation that bastard Anderson has put them in. To thrash them is one thing but to see them possibly out of business is just sad.

If the boot was on the other foot, I don't think we would get much sympathy. Being honest.

I've been told this afternoon that the Bassini deal has hit a snag and could be off.

Players and Coaching staff still not been paid and theyve another home game tomorrow, V Boro.

EFL got Saturdays game on by giving them a payment of money which they were due from them, but they rushed it through to pay staff so the game will be on.

WILL THIS HAPPEN AGAIN?

Caterers, Heathcotes & Co refused to do corporate food, due to being owed money. Will this happen again tomorrow night?

As things stand, they are NOT fit to hold a fixture. I think tomorrows game may fall through.

Enough is enough now.

I've been told this afternoon that the Bassini deal has hit a snag and could be off.

Players and Coaching staff still not been paid and theyve another home game tomorrow, V Boro.

EFL got Saturdays game on by giving them a payment of money which they were due from them, but they rushed it through to pay staff so the game will be on.

WILL THIS HAPPEN AGAIN?

Caterers, Heathcotes & Co refused to do corporate food, due to being owed money. Will this happen again tomorrow night?

As things stand, they are NOT fit to hold a fixture. I think tomorrows game may fall through.

Enough is enough now.

The nature of a private business is that it can fall into liquidation without a great deal of difficulty procedurally with a football club it has so many extra complications due to promotion and relegation implications it's about time football clubs playing in the EFL face additional oversight over their running. I have no problem with a football chairman selling a club to the highest bidder when the financial situation is healthy but when you end up in pure crisis like Bolton have i think there should almost be a pre administration stage where an administrator like figure is brought in to try and get the club sold or back on better footing to prevent owners playing games like Anderson appears to have done for months. It wouldn't be appropriate in any other business but football is unlike any other business.

They are edging towards liquidation now.

Bassini has seemingly backed away.
No deal imminent...not even close or rumoured.

Bolton have also passed a deadline today for paying debts to other clubs. The punishment will be a two window transfer embargo.
That puts them really in a mess, as they only have 9 players who will be under contract, come June.

EFL just wants them to complete their fixtures....and then they will fold I reckon. Only about 3000 on tonight V Boro. Far sparser than DW at its worst.

Bolton have also passed a deadline today for paying debts to other clubs. The punishment will be a two window transfer embargo.
That puts them really in a mess, as they only have 9 players who will be under contract, come June.

EFL just wants them to complete their fixtures....and then they will fold I reckon. Only about 3000 on tonight V Boro. Far sparser than DW at its worst.
Liquidation or administration?

Liquidation or administration?

Liquidation. They cant afford administration as you need to have money to do that and it'll cost 20 mil. But for the EFL, and a load of lies from Bolton and their brief, HMRC would've shut them down last week over the unpaid tax.

Once theyve fulfilled this seasons fixtures, and no longer protected by EFL, they will be wound up in court on May 8th.

A lot of their fans have given up now. Its questionable if they actually had 3000 on last night.

Attendance:12,259 last night were do you get 3,000

Terrible news for Bolton - but IEC need to get in touch about their youth academy - give them a couple of mill for that and it might keep them afloat for a while longer and give them another chane to try and get out of this mess and give us a top class Academy B status over night.

The FA should be ashamed of themselves the way they allowed Boltons terrible owners to do this to the club - they should've had them in embargo years ago for not paying tax bills and wages and forced them to pay or face points deductions before we got anywhere near this fiasco.

Just like everything in life when you spend money you don't have eventually it has to be paid back at some point and if you can't then shit hits the fans big time. Boltons friverlous attitude to wracking up their debt beyond control needs to be a lesson to all clubs that you can't live so far beyond your means and get away with it forever. Think a few Champ clubs will be bricking it if Bolton go with their levels of spending.

I note Ken is allegedly on holiday in Dubai - talk about boiling piss.

Seems like it's a closing down sale at the Reebok. Players have thrown the towel in. Natives aren't happy and are no longer attending. Creditors are no longer continuing to provide services and are taking back property. Each day there are stories of more unpaid bills, unearthed debt, unscrupulous accounting practices. The hotel is facing a winding up order next week. Efl are having to pay match day staff to keep games on. They have breached a threshold meaning a two window ban is to be imposed. Players can walk as of Monday if they don't get paid. Unless something dramatic changes it'll be interesting to see the courts response when they go back there next month.

Liquidation. They cant afford administration as you need to have money to do that and it'll cost 20 mil. But for the EFL, and a load of lies from Bolton and their brief, HMRC would've shut them down last week over the unpaid tax.

Once theyve fulfilled this seasons fixtures, and no longer protected by EFL, they will be wound up in court on May 8th.

A lot of their fans have given up now. Its questionable if they actually had 3000 on last night.
Was more than 3000 on last night

My colleague supports Bolton. He reckons there were about 5000actually on the ground Whole swathes of season ticket holders just never turned up but they would still have been counted.

From the pics ive seen, it didnt even look 5000, but maybe. Look at Stuntpeg's Vlog from last night on Youtube.

Last edited:
I note Ken is allegedly on holiday in Dubai - talk about boiling piss.

Seems like it's a closing down sale at the Reebok. Players have thrown the towel in. Natives aren't happy and are no longer attending. Creditors are no longer continuing to provide services and are taking back property. Each day there are stories of more unpaid bills, unearthed debt, unscrupulous accounting practices. The hotel is facing a winding up order next week. Efl are having to pay match day staff to keep games on. They have breached a threshold meaning a two window ban is to be imposed. Players can walk as of Monday if they don't get paid. Unless something dramatic changes it'll be interesting to see the courts response when they go back there next month.

Players can give NOTICE of walking, but there's then a 14 day period where the club can act to rectify things...i.e. pay them.

According to Mark Iles of Bolton News.

Players can give NOTICE of walking, but there's then a 14 day period where the club can act to rectify things...i.e. pay them.

According to Mark Iles of Bolton News.

Most, if not all, are shite anyway, I suspect the club will be happy for them to walk and reduce their liabilities.

Most, if not all, are shite anyway, I suspect the club will be happy for them to walk and reduce their liabilities.

If there anyone at all half decent?

O'Neill used to be a top player but not sure how much is left in the tank. Ameobie looked a handful against us but think he's been very inconsistent over his career. Not a lot to choose from.