Bola + Tilt Contract Offers | Vital Football

Bola + Tilt Contract Offers

If you were them, wouldn't you at least wait until the end of the transfer window to see if anyone else came in for them? Rumour is that Tilt has already told the club that he will let his contract run down. The only way of avoiding that would be to make him a massive offer (including a signing on fee) or to sell him if they get a decent offer

I would regret Bola leaving more than Tilt though I would like them both to stay. Offering new contracts to players before they run out sounds to met like trying to run a football club with sensible foresight unlike the last regime. If we are serious about regaining championship status we need to consider whether retaining them to the end of their contracts is worth more than the fees we might get. I think it is and, if we do get promoted they might choose to stay anyway.

Good call Bear. The incoming are modest up to now and I wonder if any are Larry's choice as we were linked to them apart from the keeper when McP was around.

I'd like to see some intent from SS and I suppose keeping these two and letting their contracts expire is intent

If you were them, wouldn't you at least wait until the end of the transfer window to see if anyone else came in for them? Rumour is that Tilt has already told the club that he will let his contract run down. The only way of avoiding that would be to make him a massive offer (including a signing on fee) or to sell him if they get a decent offer

Spot on for me, they'd be silly to sign before the end of the window. The contract offer will still be there if an offer doesn't come in that's big enough for Blackpool to accept.

Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt is close to signing a new contract with the Seasiders
image.jpg

Curtis Tilt has been offered fresh terms at Bloomfield Road

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson says only a few “finer details” need to be ironed out before Curtis Tilt signs a new contract with the club.
The centre-back has been offered new and improved terms with the Seasiders amid strong speculation linking him with a move away from Bloomfield Road for the second summer running.

The 27-year-old, who was the subject of interest from Ipswich Town this time last year, has since been linked with Portsmouth and Rotherham United this time around.

But Grayson appears confident of keeping Tilt at the club and believes they’re not too far away from coming to an agreement.

“These things are progressing and are along the way,” the Pool boss said.
“We want to keep him and we’re still talking. It’s not a point where we’re looking to sell him or anything like that.
“It’s basically just trying to get a few finer details in the contract and hopefully we can get it sorted.”
Grayson has only had a few weeks to work with Tilt but already he can see why the defender is so well thought of.

“He’s had a quick rise from non-league football and quite low down, not just the Conference,” Grayson said.
“He’s done really well for this football club hence why there was so much interest for him last year.
“There are still things he needs to work on like a lot of other players, I don’t care if you’re 35 or 18 you can still improve, but we want to work with every player.”
Last week Rotherham boss Paul Warne admitted defeat in his bid to sign Tilt, revealing he’s now looking at other targets.

It’s understood the Millers came close to signing the centre-back earlier in the window only for the Seasiders to renege on the deal.

The South Yorkshire side were expected to come back with an improved offer for Tilt, having recently sold defender Semi Ajayi to West Bromwich Albion for a fee believed to be £1.5m.
However, it is understood Pool have informed their League One rivals they won’t be entertaining any offers for their prize asset.
“It has been well reported that I’ve gone for a centre-half and the deal hasn’t come off even though we thought it was definitely going to happen,” Millers boss Warne told the Rotherham Advertiser.
“There is another player we enquired about (thought to be Leyton Orient’s Marvin Ekpiteta) a couple of months ago and we’ve upped our offer a couple of times.

“I’m putting in a bid for another one; I’m hopeful of bringing one of them in.
“The window stays open until the beginning of September so it’s not imperative we have one in for the start of the season.
“I just want to make sure I get the right one. I might have to start the season without one coming in but, ideally, we need another defender.”

I note that the transfer deadline for the PL and the Championship is this Thursday. Hopefully, a championship club will not approach us for Tilt this week and that he indeed will sign a new contract soon. It also means that we are unlikely to be making any further permanent signings from the leagues above, although we can take loans and can also do permanent with other league one / two clubs until 2 September

SG on Tilt situation:

Grayson has called for patience, saying: “These things take time, they will never happen overnight but there are positive signs.
“I’m not going to say it’s going to happen or not going to happen, but once all parties can agree on a contract offer then hopefully there will be some positive news to announce.
“I’m led to believe conversations are still progressing well.”